Girl takes too long to respond and don't know if she's very interested?

I met this girl on a social site over the summer and I really like her but not exactly to the point of love since we barely know each other. Plus we live almost 2 hours away from each other. Anyway, as time went on I ended up adding her on Facebook and decided to talk to her since I didn't want to miss the opportunity like I had with other girls. We've had really good conversations but she always took so long to respond and when I open the pop chat it says she read the messages almost every time. And every now and then I would write two extra messages just to get a response and most of the time just wait until hours or even days later for a response. So one day I told her as a gentleman that it was nice getting to know her at the time and hoped things go well with her and she finally saw and apologized and explained about how guys would message her (she's very beautiful of course) and say immature things and that she still wanted to talk which to me which was cool. But still, she took a long time to respond and very few times have we had a complete conversation over 25-30 minutes online. And recently about a week or two ago I saw on her status that said she was in a relationship which really got to me but I got over it in a short amount of time and decided to keep talking to her as a friend and my feelings are even stronger for her in a good way. I just don't know what it is about her that made me feel different than I had ever felt about anyone in my life. But still I don't know if she really is interested or what? And this one time it sounded like to her I wanted to stop talking to her and move on but actually I was saying I couldn't wait to get to know her even more. Which got me thinking as well about her reaction. All I know is that I don't wanna be trapped in some kind of friend zone or anything. And never even brought up the word friend to her but instead as "people" getting to know each other. Much help on this is very appreciated if you can help me figure out what all of this means.

I mean sure I talk to other girls from time to time but before I even saw she was in a relationship there was this strong curiosity about her that I wanted to find out. I don't have a problem stepping to the side but I'm still gonna be there for her. I'm just not gonna do what a typical nice guy does in a situation like this one. Which means I'm gonna continue talking to other girls and make things better for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You like her more because you can't have her, subconsciously you know this. She's in a relationship now and she doesn't seem to jump at the opportunity to speak to you, my advice leave her to it and see if she comes back.

• So you're saying I should just stop talking to her period and then see if she tries to talk to me again? It's so rare though

• Yeah! I know it's hard because you think to yourself, well they won't speak to me so what's the point? You'd rather just still speak as it would be easier. But no, to make her realize and see that you're not there now should make a difference and make her see what's missing. If she comes back she's obviously worthy

What Girls Said 3

• She's not interested. And since she's in a relationship, I'd advice you to move on..

• ask her

• i am sure she is talking to billion other guys! but if you want you can ask her straight up;)

What Guys Said 1

• Wow dude! Your story is nearly exactly like what I've been going thru. I too met this girl online..she lives 2 hrs away etc etc. We went out twice...in my mind everything was going well. Then out of the blue she told me she was wanting to move closer to family (5 states away)..and didn't act like she wanted to continue dating. The next day I stupidly text her saying how Awesome I thought she was..and told her good luck..etc etc. She told me how great I was and said good luck too...and also said several times that If I found myself in the neighborhood, to give her a call. Fast forward 2 mos. She sends me a message saying she's not moving after all, and that she was serious about wanting to meet and hang out in the future. In the message she said hang out "as friends". I too am meeting and dating other girls...but none have compared to her. I've been told by people close to her that she wants to be friends with a guy before starting to get in a serious relationship...so I'm trying to figure out if she wants to slow down and become friends with me first...or if she meant friends forever. I would love to be her friend at the very least...but its hard when we're 2 hrs away.