Does meeting someone online actually work?

Hi I have been curious about this one for awhile figured I could ask. So does meeting someone online works? I am on a few dating sites not much luck right now maybe because people are busy with school an such, but whenever I am on a certain site, I get hit on by models an sometimes in person I end up finding out the girl I am talking to is a country girl? Do I have the attractiveness for country girls & models? Is there something I am missing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to burst your bubble, but those "models" aren't real. And who knows about the country girls... but I'm on a couple dating sites too and there are some obviously fake profiles. I have relative success on the dating sites in getting girls out on dates, but they all turn out to be psycho in their own ways. I'd suggest against online dating. It's only good for girls and athletic/attractive guys. And while I'm one of those athletic/attractive guys that has good success online, I still find it to be a waste of time because any cute girl on those sites tend to be crazy. But if you're going for "lower tier" girls, then it's fine. And if you're a normal(non psycho :P) girl, then dating sites are golden. 10:1 guy girl ratio and you can screen out d-bags by having a quick conversation.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah it does, I am seeing someone I met on plenty of fish.com

• Well try it and see if it works.

• Hmmm... I don't know.. there are too many psycho people in the real world to trust someone behind a screen... But hey, it works for some.

• I have better luck online because I have larger pool to pick from and I talk to them for a while online before he even gets my number to talk to me on the phone let alone meet in person so instead of meeting a guy in person then going on a date with him only to find out he is a player or jerk, I find that out about a guy online before we meet and move on to the next guy without wasting much time.

• How long do you usually wait until when you meet the person from online? You know it's kinda of funny actually for my part because anytime when I talk to a girl in person they are usually 1. country girl that end up finding out after I get to know her a little awhile or city girl, but mostly country girl & 2. they will actually end up being a model, I actually have met a girl in college an when I look on her profile on Facebook she is model. Plus, most girls I talk too online are usually a real

• girl or model. ran out of space to finish the last part.

• Hit at enough balls and you'll strike. The dating game is tough. But I will say I've had some success online! It was worth it

• Really, how much luck did you had at finding somebody?

• Well I found a casual partner really easily and he wasn't just another lame dude. We ended up having great chemistry and I've been seeing him for over a year. We clicked instantly. Also, I found another guy but this time it wasn't on a dating site...a mutual friend hooked us up through IMing. I've been dating him for over 7 years. In both cases, I ended up meeting the guys pretty soon instead of babbling too much online lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm skeptical of dating sites b.c it's a lot of profiles with false advertisements. But my sister met her husband on a dating site...

• I have 0 luck. Sure girls write me and want to meet, but everyone of them is giant, large women. Now I have nothing against big girls, and actually prefer a big girl, but when your like 300lbs with two kids, divorced and looking for a free ride, I'm not going to want to date you, not only because I am not sexually attracted, but I know your only looking to get my military benefits. So going online has not worked for me, I am destined to be single forever :(

• I have this thought .. that people who can't deal with the real thing and use the internet -the virtual world- to get dates can't be 100% normal .. there must be something wrong with them even if its little .. but I don't know really

• It's much better in person.