Should I be cooking and cleaning for my boyfriend?

I'm single right now, but in a way I feel like it'd kind of be like my job. I like cooking already, but I wouldn't want him to take it for granted or expect it. And I like a clean house, so cleaning isn't a big deal. This question is for guys and girls.

The only thing I could think of to stop him from taking it for granted, is by only doing it if he treats me well. If he's being a d*** one day, he won't be getting anything hahah. If he was paying more of the rent than I was, I wouldn't have a problem with him taking it for granted.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like it, but I'd be fine if you didn't do it as well. I'd be happy getting a cleaner in. I'd be more interested in how excited you'd be about doing other things in the bedroom (or in the living room, the shower or the kitchen for that matter. . . ) ;-)

What Guys Said 11

• Ya, it's nice to cook for your boy sometimes. But we do get used to things fast and we expect it after a while. Same goes for cleaning.

• If you both have full time jobs the housework should be split 50/50 in my opinion.

• if you are living together and he is workin that would be sweet of you .. its not a must but if a girl wants to stay home and do nothin wouldn't that hurt the guy to come home after a long working day and start dealing with the food thing himself

• Are you living with your boyfriend at the moment? If so then perhaps doing those things is a way to feel useful and helping out. I don't think he'd expect to have you do those things on top of a job but I could be wrong.

• Yes please.

• If you want to go ahead it is nice but he might get used to it

• All the time.

• Guys love girls who clean and cook well. Guys should help girls out with cooking and cleaning it gets so much fun.

• If you want to. I think it should be more 50/50.

• only if she makes as much money as he does. if she makes less, then she needs to do more at home.

• Cooking? That'd be nice of you. Cleaning? Not really, he should be able to do that on his own.

• You can if you want, there's no problem. He should be able to clean and cook for himself if he needs or wants to though. If he's super busy or really tired from work, it would be nice for you to cook and clean for him. But if you tell him that on a particular day you won't be able to, he shouldn't get upset about it. That would be wrong, i.e. he'd be taking it for granted.

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't mind doing those things, then there's nothing wrong with that. I get what you mean about it being expected, though. I'm glad my boyfriend is more of a "let's do things 50/50" kind of guy. So don't worry, they do exist :P

• I always cook and cleaned for my ex. I loved it I felt like I was making things easier for him he also been so busy I didn't mind at all.

• Yes, you should cater to your man.

• Guys will take advantage of you if you do those things too much.