How often do guys text the girl they like?

If almost a week goes by and you haven't texted her, is it because you feel discouraged, or are doing it because you don't want to look too eager? Or could this mean you've lost interest in the girl because she was too unavailable.

The guy I like asked me to hang out one day but I told him I couldn't because I was busy, and that we'd have to plan another day. Should I text him making plans about hanging out since I haven't heard from him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of us are utilitarian, I think... you know how it is, when we want something we get in touch... and answer you whenever you want to chat in between. Because we care.

Okay, not all guys are like that.

I would say that you should definitely text him. I'd like that if I were trying to date you. Or any girl. It means she was honest and is now trying to keep things going. Never be afraid to text a guy. It's only if you get blown off a few times that you need to worry.

What Guys Said 4

• I just did this with the girl I'm somewhat interested in. It was 6 days after our first real convo that I texted. Why I waited so long? Equal parts not wanting to seem overeager and plain forgetfulness. In regards to your second question, yes you should text him. Usually, if a girl says she has to cancel plans, and she doesn't attempt to reschedule, I (and a lot of guys I know) think that she's not interested in me in any sense.

• Also since he asked me to hang out the same day he texted me, that made me seem like he isn't interested enough to actually make plans in advance.. or maybe he just didn't want it to sound like he would be asking me out on a date.. what do you think?

• Yeah, I think he's playing it kind of safe, not wanting to seem overeager. I don't know if he wants a date per se, but I doubt it's from lack of interest. Hey, if all else fails, ask him about it. Maybe he wants to know how you react before he labels it a date or just hanging out.

• if a like a girl and she is responding we might be texting all day .. but if she doesn't respond or doesn't respond good -in my point of view- I might ignore her a will to see her reaction -usually they don't text back because my point of view was right when I felt that she didn't respond in a good way-

sometimes the girl likes the guy but afraid to text him or playing hard to get and usually the guy ignores her because he thinks she is not interested

• Trust me guys will text a lot to girl they like specially the shy ones because they get nervous when they see the girl.

• If they like texting, then everyday. Average probably couple times a day.

What Girls Said 1

• I think at least once everyday, The guy that I am dating is super busy and a really bad texter but he sends a good morning text every morning and we chat a little every morning.