How should a resume look? Simple or over the top?

I've always been told that a resume should be short, to the point, simple..just to highlight your qualifications, eductation, work experience etc.

But as was randomly looking at other resumes I've noticed that they are either very informal and un professional (example listing "knowledgeable of Facebook and twitter" ( :S) or very confusing and over the top.

I am just curious as to what other people thought of this resume. Personally I think it is way to much and over the top but maybe that is just me?

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Laminate it with your photo in the top right corner.

Your name should be at the top, the size of the font should be twice the size of the rest.

And if you have an online cv, pose in a bikini. Potential employers love that. That's what a swedish bird told me. Sounds believable :p

What Guys Said 3

• simple. stick to really points that matter to your interest. been on both sides. I give a read of 30 seconds. that is how long you have for me to make an impression. and I read fast.

• I prefer short, simple yet specific.

That resume has too much going on. I would lose my interest in trying to read it.

• That looks like it's very well organized, the sides may be too clumped up together, but the main part, his relevant work experience, is right in the middle so I'd say it's good.

What Girls Said 1

• Firstly, it should be individual rather than common. Your resume is like story of your life (working part I mean). It demands creative approach and imagination. To create mine I used online resume writer. Hope it will be helpful for you as well!