Would you every do this?

My ex and I have been fight like cats and dogs for like four months now. We just had a huge blow out. we still care for each other and don't want to lose communication with each other. so we are friends. after the huge blow out I ask him when the time is right for a clean slate. what does this mean to you? how do you see this? would you personally do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• A clean slate is a nice idea in theory but so is unwatching the whole star wars series and re watching it however in reality it just doesn't work like that. I mean you can give it another chance but you can't just erase what happened because well it happened... you can look to the future and live in the moment but you can't erase the past and it takes a hell of a strong person to be able to put it behind you and keep it there

• I am not looking to ease anything but want I do want is for us to say hey we been through a lot we are different people we still care for each other so lets take this slow and deal with what we have to, to make us a stronger, if we cannot move past it okay it be what it will be. if we can great.

• We didn't breakup because of any of the reason why we where fighting. we fight because of miscommunication between each other. We broke up because he had so much stress and time constrictions he couldn't give me the time I need that what he said. All he does is work study and draw(his major)

• There will be more times where he will be stressed and busy. I think he made quick a strong and determined action that proves more than any word he could say would. I think that if you continue anything he'll use that same process if needed.

What Guys Said 5

• IF this persisted I'd say it was time for a long break to settle down and think everything through, maybe even get counseling either together or separately. It's not 'normal' to fight all the time!

• We don't fight all the time we where good just one big blow out and it was horrible... ouy

• Give yourselves time to cool down and then you can talk about it without fighting all over again...one hopes!

• I like some passion. but this seems like too much anger for me.

• what you mean?

• there is a difference betwen a heated discussion and fight like "cats and dogs" message if you want. limited space.

• We had one argument it was something I forgot I said to him and that very important to both of us. I guess it made him feel guilty and I didn't mean too with everything I been through I just forgot I said it to him. He blocked me from Facebook and ask me to stop calling him so I did. we started emailing each other anyways four days of no talking.

• it's over. forget about him and move on.

• See a therapist if you both love each other.

• He has issues with therapist

• Can you add me as your friend? We can talk more?

• Added... name starts with a number

• Would I do that? Nope.

What Girls Said 2

• You should spend some time apart to see if you miss each other.

Talk with each other to resolve issues.

Be respectful, open, and see if you can make compromises.

I tried doing this but we were on different pages.

You both have to really want to communicate and work it out.

Clean slate, like a start over, sounds nice, but the past could still stick. You can try. Good luck.

• I do miss him. I hope that is what we are going to do tomorrow. Thank you for your advise I will try and be open and respectful I haven't been we both haven't been

• It means the process will repeat. :x

I wouldn't do this.