Texting vs Calling - which one do you prefer?

I personally prefer calling over texting.

I am a HORRIBLE texter. Tried to get better but got worse, paradox?

Girls - what if you gave your Cell # to a guy you just met.

Would you prefer him to call or text you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Texting when it's not something important, calling for when I want to get something done.

What Girls Said 32

• Hm, depends. I don't like calling with people, it makes me nervous, doesn't matter who I call. Ok, calling someone for work is more stressing me out than calling a friend. But I still don't like it. I just call people when I need to have a long conversation, make arrangements or something. when I just have small facts or things that need to be said that aren't serious, I text.

• I like texting more. I get really nervous when I'm talking over the phone. I have NO idea why. Even if it's a close friend or my boyfriend. I still get this nervous feeling in stomach and I also get distracted easily. When I'm texting I'm more focused on what I'm saying but when I'm talking over the phone I always notice things and think about other stuff and in some cases I even multitask by being on the computer while chatting over the phone. It's a bad habit but it just happens.

• Texting, but I'd pick a face to face conversation over both.

• Depends if I've got a lot to say or not. If it's something important or long winded I will call. Otherwise, I'm quite happy texting. It means I can get back to them whenever I want/when I have the time. It's easier.

But I'm not really bothered either way :) Go with it!

• lol from what I have learned calling! checking in okay I get it with text. but things can get confusing fast with texting fast

• I prefer texting, because it's easier and it gives me time to give a thought out reply or reply when I have time. It's a way of having a conversation while you're busy doing housework, at a store, or anywhere else where a phone call is inconvenient. I like most that I can reply at my own time, because I tend to space out on phone calls, or sometimes I don't know how to answer a question immediately and need more time to think about it.

• Text, right away. Calls later.

• I like texting over calling. Last time I ever called friends was about a year ago. It's all texts now.

• Texting.

I'm still trying to get over an irrational fear of talking on the phone :(

• Call

• CALLING!

• way to copy my question..

• I like calling better, it feels more like a real conversation instead of just short emails.

• Texting. I usually never call until it's an official thing

• texting. talking on the phone makes me nervous.

• Calling, rarely people do that today I mean it's a better way to interact I find

• What if I met you somewhere and wanted to hangout with you or go on a date. Which scenario would you like more? Me contacting you by phone and asking to meet in 1-2 minutes or have an endless conversation through texting and then ask you out?

• if I just met him, deff texting

• calling gets more accomplished most of the time. Text takes too much time. Also calling is more personal. Helps improve the relationship to hear the other person's voice

• textingg, because I have the worst hearing hahah

• VOiCE!

• I would prefer him to call

• Calling :)

• Texting. If I had a boyfriend, his calling then I need to hear his voice. LOL

• Hmmm I can't really choose. I like both xD but I text more, so I guess, texting! :D

• call

• Depends on the conversation and the sound of the voice.

• texting. I hate talking on the phone and usually I'm doing something so I'm only half listening

• Texting

• people who put calling got up votes and those who put texting got down votes?

• I prefer texting. It's something you can do at anytime, and you can talk about private stuff without having to hide or something (yes, there are a lot of things that should be discussed on the phone, or better yet, in person).

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 12

• CALLING! I hate to text so much. Its so impersonal. I like to talk to people, especiaily if its my girlfriend or a girl I like. Yeah I text message for a couple of quick things but people want to draw out such complex conversations over text. People will text me "hey want to see a movie?" Ill text back "yes what do you want to see?" Theyll reply "I don't know maybe ted?" "Sure what time?" Etc Etc. This exchange would take AT LEAST 2 too 3 times longer than on the phone. Girls are notorious about this (and most of their answers seem to confirm they prefer texting). I'm actually why is this the case. Have people's (girls more so) self confidence been shaken so much anymore that they don't have confidence on the phone anymore, that they need the extra time and control of a text to converse. Even a couple of answers on here specifically mention that they like to "think about what theyre going to say first with a text." Hmm I may set up a research experiment for one of my classes on this topic haha.

That being said, I know how to text to a girl l like be cause text messages are like crack to girls. No matter what they are always going to read them lol

• I want to say texting is good but after a while you eventually HAVE to move on to calling. Plus some people never reply to your texts or have those prepaid plans which don't include it :( Calling you can hear their voice and by the tone tell whether someone wants to talk or not.

• I prefer to call over texting but there are some instances when texting is more practical. An emergency happens and the phone lines have collapsed over the volume of calls. Sending a text will allow your message to go through to a loved one when communication is restored.

You are at work and need to say something before you forget. Just a reminder or nice little message that you miss them.

Your work is very noisy. Or you are at a party, firing range, drag races, etc. and wouldn't hear the other person anyway.

But for those people who primarily only text instead of call, I tend to avoid them. Simple economics can shed some light on that one. I can tell a person more information in one minute of a conversation than a dozen text messages. You can also pick up on things with the sound of their voice. Plus I love a smart woman who is quick with a response.

• If I got a lot to say, I call.

If it's a short message, I text.

• I don't like to call or be called. I only make a call for business, like if I need something or the topic is complex enough. Texting's more for casual talking.

• I def. text more than I call

• I'll do either, although , the latter depends if I'm in a talkative mood.

• I suck at both because when I am on the phone I have no idea what to talk about and its always awkward silence. I suck ass at texting and barely respond to people.

• It depends on the situation. Probably texting is better.

• I prefer calling

• For the most part texting, but it can cause some misinterpretation. If something serious just went down, then I prefer calling, but for the most part texting.

• I like texting because sometimes I do get a little anxious on the phone.