Being shy and insecure makes it hard to date, help?

I really would like a relationship or meet someone that I get on with. I do get asked out but always say no or act like I'm not interested because I panic and get scared of actually dating but I don't want to be like that.

Even though people tell me I'm attractive I don't feel pretty, and even though I'm slim I always think I'm fat. I know it's crazy but at times I think who on earth would want to go out with me? and why on earth do guys ask me out?

At times I do feel pretty but I get so shy and insecure around guys I like I feel as though I'm never going to meet anyone which sucks.

Advice? What would you do in my situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• this thing you have to figure out by yourself

try to put these things on the side for a time so that you can know that its not like the way you think about yourself

What Guys Said 3

• It's like the girl who self-inflicts injury but cannot help herself. Who is to blame?

• I know I'm to blame, that's why I'm asking for advice. I don't know how to get over my shyness and insecurities :(.

• i think you should just be willing to go past your comfort zone, never hurts to just try.

• Life is short and it would be foolish to waste it with silly shyness

• That's not really helpful advice, you can't just get over shyness.

• Yes you can. You BELIEVE YOU CAN'T there for you won't/ YOU control your thoughts and actions.

What Girls Said 0