Girls, do you sometimes tell a friend you like them even if you don't?

For example if your friend (who in this case would be a guy) said he liked you but you didn't have feelings for him would you still possibly say you liked him back to not hurt his feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, if I didn't like him I'd tell him I dont. Not in that way, because obviously I like him enough to be his friend, but I'd say sorry not to that extent. By telling some one you like them when in fact you don't can only lead to trouble. It leads the other on, causing trouble now or in the future when they find out inevitably that you don't truly like them the way they meant.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd probably say I liked him back but in the context that he is my friend and just let him down easy so in the end there are no hard feelings. This would also leave the door open to minds being changed about how she feels about you (as a girl, I know our minds can change a lot on a certain matter) so maybe someday you can have that second chance.

• That has happened to me multiple times, I just ignore what he said and just be friends, but if it gets too bad I ignore them all together until they catch my drift.

What Guys Said 0