GUYS: when you ask what's up...truth or myth?

I heard that when a guy asks what's up it can mean he wants to casually see if your busy so he can ask you to hang out if your not. So now multiple times this guy I like (and I think likes me) has texted me first something like "Yo What's up?" "or "Hey what's up?" of once just "Hey!". So then I typically write something back like "Nm Hbu?" or if something new actually is up I'll tell him. So he'll write back and comment. But as far as when I ask him what's up all he ever says is something like "Just chillin' nothing fancy" or something like that. Why does he just text me this but when I ask what's up with he all he says is "just chillin?" and what is the meaning of saying "nothing fancy" ? Is there any chance he could be asking to see if I'm busy (without me really knowing) so he it isn't awkward for him if I'm too busy to hang out? He is pretty shy around me these days.

Most Helpful Guy

• he just trying to start a conversation with you that's how I use that phrase. but when you say "nm hbu" you give him the impresion you don't really wanna talk to him too much. If you like the guy could give him something more to work with. could try something along the lines of "feel like grabbing a coffee" and see if he wants to join. basically give him more to work with he seems shy or at least continue the conversation.

What Guys Said 4

• i think...he wants to talk

• no that's like saying if a girl texts you 'Heyy' (with two Y's, she wants it)

• he likes you just invite him to do something outright, because he seems kind of shy

• Yes, that's very true a lot of times.

What Girls Said 2

• No

He's just trying to start a convo, a boring one at that.

Nothing fancy = nothing, if anything he's doing something soooooooo casual that it's nothing. Fancy is just a fancy term. :P

He texts you because he's got nothing better to do and I don't mean this in a bad way. He also wants to talk to you or bug you or something.

No

• Possibly. But he probably just wants to start conversation, which is a good sign!

answer mine please? link