Having a disability?

i was born with the severest form of spina bifida but I was extremely lucky and don't have to use a wheelchair like the majority of people do. I'm 20 and have never told anyone about my condition. if you all of a sudden found out that your friend was keeping something like this from you how would you react?

guys if I was dating you would this turn you off?

please be honest :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I know this is an old question, and it's going to be a corny answer, but I won't let those little details stop me...!

No-one who deserves to call you their friend, or their girlfriend/fiance/wife, is going to change their mind about you one little bit when you tell them. Actually that's possibly a lie - they will feel MORE for you, not less.

My ex has Cystic Fibrosis, and when I first found out I must admit it was a bit of a shock... but very quickly I knew it just made her all the more amazing. Though in the end we didn't work out as a couple, she remains a good friend and is one of the smiliest, most wonderful people I know. So... don't worry about it. It's part of what made you who you are today - and it's who you are today that people love.

S.

What Guys Said 1

• It's smart to wait until you're comfortable to make important revelations, just in case you're dating a flake. So I would expect this to come later in the relationship.

What Girls Said 0