Why would a guy who is in his prime/youth want a serious relationship?

Men are always checking out women and fantasize about being with many women, so what would make a young guy look for a girlfriend? Is there any reason behind why a guy wouldn't be playing the field while he still can?

Most Helpful Guy

• A) he's ethically against casual sex

B) he wants love and intimacy

And/or

C) most guys don't play the field very successfully. Where casual sex is the norm, the most desired guys can basically hook up with all the moderately to highly desireable women.

What Guys Said 8

• everyone is searching for love, everyone is different. perhaps he can shun all the player temptation & tendencies and believes in true love.. remember guys like these are hard to find

• Because not all of us are players

• What is your thought process behind that? Do you not have those urges

• Personally, I don't see sleeping with as my chicks as I can as having any real value to me. In fact, I eventually discovered that I find emotionless sex really unarousing. Because of certain circumstances when I was younger, I was forced to grow up extremely quickly. I guess I must've skipped that stage; I can't say I regret it though, because I found the girl of my dreams.

• Either they were raised to seek out genuine relationships and frown upon too much promiscuity, or they have a lack of options so it won't matter anyway.

• Because I have little desire to be promiscuous. Yes, some of us exist.

• maybe because girls tend not to put out for strangers?

• I wish the urge was never there. the urge is the scourge, lots of heartbreak.

• Um maybe because he really feels strongly for her?...

• Believe it or not, some of us figure out by a relatively early age that women are all basically the same below the neck, and so we start looking for one that we can really get along with.

• if they're all basically the same, then why wouldn't you 'basically' get along the same, with any/ all of them.

• Go back and read the sentence again. This time, do not STOP when you get to the word "same".

What Girls Said 2

• fantasizing abut women-just like fantasizing bout guys-has nothing to do with being with a particular woman, any more than it has to do with being a particular guy.

some men, just like some women, want a relationship. regardless of fantasy. sometimes in light of fantasy. some men, jut like some women, specifically _dont_ want a relationship.

youd have to ask each person. there's definitely no such thing as all of any group not wanting, or wanting anything. Due to unnecessary generalizating-this question is irritating.

• The few times I've seen this happen, is when he found the right girl. :)