When should I text him?

So I've been friends with this boy for two years. We go through phases where we talk for a period of time, then stop. Mostly because I ALWAYS started the conversations and I get embarrassed so I stop contacting him. Also because he has a steady girlfriend.

Anyways, last week he texted me out of the blue and we talked for a while. When the conversation ended We had a joke that we should talk more than every 6 months(about how long we went without talking).

Well, he texted me last night and said "hey, it's been less than six months :P" we again talked more. When I said goodbye I said "mate we will talk in less than six months :)" and he said "haha, yeah. Maybe we will".

I want to text him but I don't know when the right time is. I don't want to annoy him or act too excited( he has a GF). But I want to let him know I'm putting effort into this friendship. When we were very close, he never texted me first. Not once. so I don't know why all of a sudden twice in a row he texted me first. I really want to have a good relationship with him.

So how should I approach this? What are my boundaries? When should I text him next? I feel like if I don't text him first next time, he will think I don't care. Help!

0|0
0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't wanna sound mean .. but why are you pressuring yourself in this .. why don't you go out find single friends .. a) they are single so you would avoid that drama and won't complicate their relationship with their girlfriend at some point .. b) you might like them and start your own relationship

1|0
    0|0
    • But I actually want to be friends with him. I just want to do everything that I can to make sure we stay friends. Too many people just randomly disappear out of my life.

• i might know how you feel .. but even if you stay friends .. his girlfriend will always become first .. or he might put the move on you -cheat on her- .. I think there are better things to do than hanging on this friendship

What Guys Said 3

• Text something casual and funny...humor relieves pressure in situations like this. :-D

0|0
    0|0
  • you can text him and see what he is up too ?

0|0
    0|0
  • You should text him after he's texted you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.