She wants to slow things... What does it mean?

We've been out on a couple of dates and since the first date we had an amazing chemistry so we've kissed and cuddle. All of our dates have been like that. But now she wants to take things slow, she says she likes me, she likes going out with me, she wants to get to know me but she thinks that we act like we're in relationship when in fact we're not and that we've skipped a few steps and wants to go out with me but without any physical contact for now and see where it will lead us. What does it mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• "skipped a few steps" she wants to get to know you before she gets more physical. since you have only been on a few dates and have already kissed she wants to stop before things progress. she wants to take it down a knotch. or she could be using this as an excuse and just not want a serious relationship. either way she is trying to be mature, and keep a clear head with the relationship and not be with you for the physical reasons. if this isn't a problem for you, you should respect her wishes and earn her trust and get to know each other.

What Girls Said 1

• smart girl...she knows things were going too quickly and she's stepping back a bit...she believes that the two of you could have something special..i know it can be confusing for guys when girls do this...but sometimes when its the start of a relationship a girl thinks the best way to get closer to a guy to show him we like him is to get physical (in any type of way..holding hands, kissing, cuddling, etc.) trust her on this, respect her, and follow her lead. she wants to connect with you on a higher level...a level two people should get to before pursuing a relationship further. be glad and good luck!

• Thank you! I was worried she was putting me in the friend zone. I like to be with her so I'm willing to take it slow...

What Guys Said 1

• shes saying she doesn't want a full relationship with you and she wants to go for someone else