What's the longest you've been single, and how old are you?

Just as the question asks, list reasons if you have any. I'm 21, almost 22 and have been single just about 6 years. I've stayed single to chase my ex, prove to her that I'm good enough for her(big mistake... Gargantuan, rather), among other reasons. Just curious to see other answers c: Thanks in advance for answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll be 23 on Thursday **confetti** and I've been single a bit over 4 years now. I've dated a lot and started relationships but they've all lasted 2-4weeks. My longest relationship was just about a year. I just started doing as much as I can to stay active instead of meeting guys online or putting everything into the first guy I meet to get disappointed or hurt shortly after. Since I'm at the beginning stage it's hard to not go somewhere and assume this is the place I'm going to meet "him", but the more I focus on why I'm at the group, place, or event I'm at, the less I emphasis that I'm alone,single and that I hope a great guy will notice me. I'm ready for a relationship and after all I've been through I deserve one, but I'm finally taking my own advice and letting it all come to me. It's not going to be easy but I gotta start somewhere.

• Good luck with your future endeavors. I've basically come to the same conclusion of letting it all chime to me. It's been a long wait and I'm hoping someone special comes along soon.

What Girls Said 22

• I didn't date at all until I was 17. We broke up after like 6 months official, 9 months total with the last 3 being 'unofficial', when I was 18. I was single from then until I was 21, had a 7 month relationship. Then single again for 3 months until I was 22 and started dating my current boyfriend, who I've been with for almost 9 months now. I'm still 22, my birthday was a couple weeks before we got together. So aside from 'my entire life till 17', the longest I've been single was about 3 years.

• Errr... 14 years 11 months was the longest I was single! I think you mean after dating though. In which case... 8 months. I'm turning 20 soon.

• I'm 21.. and the longest I was single was 13.8 years

• I have been single for 4 years now and all I can say is that it is liberating! It has given me so much clarity and prospective into who I am and what I want from a relationship and life as I spent most of years prior to this in relationships, bouncing from one to the next, to the next. I do not pine for exes or try to improve myself for another person as you need to be a better person and love yourself to be able attract a mate who compliments who you are...Just my two cents.

• You took the thoughts right from my head. I couldn't agree more.

• My first relationship was at 15. I have consistently had almost a year of singleness between each relationship ever since.

• The longest I have been single has been possibly 2 weeks

• 21 yrs...lol before my first serious relationship..since then seven months and counting.

• 20 and had been single for the last 8 months. My first relationship was when I was 15 and I had been in a relationship ever since, without a gap between a relationship and the next, and hell its really tiring.

• Im 23 and have been single for about 6 years now. I got my heart broken and was upset for three years over it. Couldn't bring myself to date. Now I'm back in the dating scene and enjoy just getting to really know the person before rushing into anything. I don't want another heart break. But I don't see anything wrong with be single its the best way to find out who you are and what you really want.

• I totally agree. I had no idea what I wanted in a relationship until I was single and had time to think. I think everyone should spend the time getting to know someone else before jumping into a relationship.

• Forever...and I'm 23

• Whole my life...

• 2 years, 22 years old

• longest time I been single, 8 years D:

-A

• 2 years

• I'm 21 and been single for a year and 8 months

• About a year, and a half

• 30 years!

• My last relationship was when I was 16, I'm almost 22

• all 18 years of ma life

• 21, I've been single for 3 years now, I dated and I dated a guy for a few months so it was some type of relationship but not a "real" relationship..as in we saw each other a lot, talked, dated, kissed, etc, but it wasn't a real relationship I was still single. hope it doesn't hit 4 years but who knows :/

• Well my first relationship I was 14, lasted three years and from then the longest time I've been single has been maybe 6months or a bit longer but under a year. I've had a few serious relationships so far and I'll be 21 in a month.

• 16 years because that's when I dated my first bf

What Guys Said 11

• If you're going from actual relationship, where the girl would say you were her boyfriend if asked, I've been single my whole life, almost 25 years. I've had lots of weird relationships with girls, but never just a normal, mutual romance. It's a freakin' mystery to me. I always go for the same type of girl it seems, so I guess it's my fault.

Technically, I had a girlfriend for eight minutes, which is how long it took for me to find her making out with a 'friend' of mine. Effed up, ain't it?

• lol pretty effed up alright! The 8 minute relationship, I can see that becoming a dating book.

• Does slamming him into a mobile home wall and leaving a dent in it count? Because that's what I did, not initially, the first thing I did was lean against the wall a sec and, when they noticed me I said "don't stop on my account." She started in with some horse sh*t and I walked away. The next time I saw him, I slammed him into a wall. He stayed down, which was a good decision.

• Dammmnn... Totally fffked up. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

• I'm 21, almost 22 and I've been single for 21, almost 22 years.

• I'm 20 and was single til I was 19. Just didn't want a relationship

• After my first serious relationship? About a year & 3 months. I don't know I guess I'm still a shy guy that doesn't really put myself out there.

• I'm 27 never been in a relationship

• I'm 21, and I've been single 21 years.

• 3 months.

• 23 years

• I'M 20 YEARS OLD. AND FOR 20. FRIGGIN. YEARS. I'VE BEEN SINGLE.

SHIT.

• I had my first girlfriend at 16, and I have been single since, I'm 21

• Been single all my life and I'm 27. Women don't want nice guys.

• Wow, I'm sorry, my friend. Gives you tons of hope in faithfulness, eh? :/

• Maybe you don't play a believable jerk :p

• LOL yeah maybe your right, Next time I'll just call a women I don't know a bitch that should work ha ha ha.