Phone call -> Date on the same day?

Tomorrow at 11am I am going to call a girl and ask her to hang out with me on the same day at 6pm.

Good or Bad idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think it is a good idea. Yes, there is a higher chance that she might already have plans, in which case do not be too disappointed. But I know myself, and when I really like a guy, I will go as long as I am free, even if asked the same day. As someone on here already pointed out, it's a good way to see if she really likes you. Although, some girls might be scared to eagerly accept a same-day offer, as they may not want to seem desperate and have the guy think they will be readily available every time he asks them out. So again, don't get discouraged by a "no" and try to hint at another date. Overall, I feel like you should go for it. Good luck!

What Girls Said 12

• Very bad idea.

Not everyone can live the spontaneous life. Some people have actual things going on

throughout their day. You should contact her now and let her know, that way if she is available she can prepare herself for tomorrow night.

• I would probably be a little annoyed that he didn't give me more notice, like I'm supposed to be available at his call. I'm stubborn though lol. If I really liked him and I didn't have plans already, I'd still go out with him.

• Sounds like a good idea to me. I wouldn't say no because a guy asked me out the same day and I don't think most girls would either. Just be prepared to reschedule in case she has plans as it is short notice.

• Yes, thanks. Does it sound spontaneous and more interesting than dates scheduled days in advance?

• True. However, calling at 11am is it too early or no problem?

• I think anytime from eleven to one would be perfect.

• Its not a bad idea,she may think it might be weird if you do call her the same day you guys are gonna hang out though. Because its the same day y,know but if ts a day before you guys hang out or the night before it seems more common.

• Why does it sound weird to you and not fun or spontaneous?

I am from Europe and back home I went on dates scheduled 2 hours before the actual date.

• haha! I hope so too

• haha okay Lets be GaG friends. I've added you =)

• Its fine. Don't listen to the ones that say no. Casually call and be like "hey I am free tonight if you want to do something." its noooooot a bad idea! good luck!

• Good idea

• Why do you think its good? =)

• From experience, I've had more success spending time with people when scheduled on the same day I contact them. Plus it's more direct way of finding out whether they're really that interested.

• Id say call at 10 to give her some time

• Good idea. Very spontaneous. Just don't be disappointed if she already had plans.

• Ya go for it shell be surprised

• not great I recommend doing it a day before.

• Good idea. Just don't feel dissed if she is already busy.

• bad idea. when you schedule a date, you're taking her into consideration...otherwise its a bit "i want it when I want it" on your part...my 2 cents on that. call her and get into a convo. asking her what she plans on doing a certain day and if she says she has no plans then go for it!

• well if she got plans, I'll understand that and I'll wait for he counter-offer. If I'll hear none I'll say a different date. In case if she also would be busy on the second day I'll call her back in 5-7 days... If she would say busy for the 3rd time = number deleted. Simple =)

• Thanks :)

I would like to ask you for your opinion. When a guy calls you would you prefer a short direct conversation (max 2-3 minutes long) and then get asked out or a longer small talk?

• 2-3 minutes convos? not my thing...thats a chit chat...a convo is much longer and its about you and her getting to know each other a litte more. so yea a longer small talk as you say is more my thing. :) the guy I'm seeing asked me out through text...not a horrible thing because we had already been talking for about 2months. but the next time he asked me out was over the phone and our convo was about what I like to do, food, etc...and he took it from there :)

What Guys Said 0