Guys have you ever loved a rebound?

I'm dating a guy who, after his girlfriend broke up with him, started talking to me to make her jealous. As soon as school ended and she was gone he told me I wasn't even his type and that he still liked her. I really liked him so we continued to talk and go to games and just hangout. We've been dating for about two months and he said that he didn't think he'd love me but he does.

So is it possible for a guy to actually love a rebound? Guys have you ever?

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't love you, he's in love with you. Big difference. He didn't love the last chick either.

What he means to say is that he cares about you. And yes, you can fall for a rebound.

• I'm confused. He doesn't love me but is in love with me... is there a difference? But he cares about me?

• How is it that he is in love with her but doesn't love her? From both my personal and non-personal experiences I've always understood that it works like 1) you care for the person 2) you love the person 3) you fall in love with the person. If she's questioning if he even loves her then I sincerely doubt he's in love with her. Also, how are you so sure he didn't love his last gf?

• Because he immediately got a rebound chick, you don't just move on from someone you love like that.

What Guys Said 2

• lol I'm not sure I've never dated anyone

answer my question

• So: he actually told you he loves you? And you know can feel it and know it? Well then, you just answered your own question.

What Girls Said 2

• I dated someone who wasn't over his ex, though he acted like he was. He didn't date me to make her jealous but I think he was seeking comfort and an escape from the pain. I spent our relationship living in her shadow. Hoping that he would open up to me the way I know he did to her but I think it was just too soon and maybe it would have worked out if he had time to get over her before I came along. Id give him some time and space if I were you, how could he be in love with you when he was just in love with someone else. It doesn't go away that easily or quickly.

• I'm not a guy but I've "recruited" rebounds and I am bi so I'm not just speaking on a me-girl/SO-guy basis. Yes, it is possible to love the rebound. It's not likely and it's wise for the rebound to not get their hopes up but absolutely it is 100% possible.