Girls, top 3 things you wish guys new about your texts?

For example that if your texts are short you don't want to talk or winky faces mean flirting or something like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I'm using winky faces, I'm either playing around or being flirty. If a guy and I are have an ongoing conversation, but out of nowhere he doesn't text back until the next day then you've put your chance in danger and I won't text you till you text back unless you have a reason (and I mean don't respond back from mid-afternoon till towards the night of the next day). If you say you fell asleep after being busy, that's cool I understand but if this happen all the time and pretty much back to back and there is no reason at all or you use the same reason repeatedly, you screwed yourself over. If I don't want to talk, I'll send one word responses or not respond at all but that's only if you're an ex or some jerk who I don't like other than that I always want to text. If I'm telling a guy I'm laying down (at night) that means I want to have an intimate conversation if possible. If I text first, that means I really like you can't stop thinking about you and really want to talk from dawn to dusk if possible lolz. If I say I would rather text than talk on the phone, that means I don't mind you calling at all if you want to and that it would make me really happy to talk on the phone...but that's only if I really like you (super shy here).

What Girls Said 35

• I wish my friends (and 'guy' in the past) knew that short answers like 'yeah' or 'ok' usually meant that I was upset.. Even when I said I was fine.. I wish he showed me he cared enough to be a tad on the paranoid side, made absolutely certain I was okay, because most of the time, if I don't want a person to know I am upset, I will put out the complete happy act, not just most of it. If I give short answers it means I'm upset. Even when I'm busy, I take the time to say "srry ttyl too busy now" as long as I'm still typing away, it means I need/want attention. I wish he had checked up on me more often, really made effort to keep conversation alive, and asked deep questions to try and pull out my true self. I just wanted to know I could trust him, wanted to know for sure that he really did want to know me, and wasn't just making random conversation to pass the time.

Keep in mind, I am the sensitive/shy/self conscious type. I need constant reassurance (In simple ways, like deep conversation/quality time etc.) that I am important to my loved one. I can feel insecure with little provocation and need a steady supply of love and affection.

If you think a girl really loves you, don't ever play hard to get. It's okay to not jump right out and say you love her, but don't ever neglect her or make her feel like she's unimportant. That's never okay. If you wouldn't do it to a close friend, don't do it to your girl friend ^_^

• 1. I wish guys would understand that when I send a one word text, I wish they would pick up on the hint that I'm mad without me having to be so straight forward about it.
    2.I wish guys would know when I flirt, I don't really do it just for fun, It means I'm actually interested in the guy. Like using winky faces or being super sarcastic
    3. I wish guys would know when I don't text them back, it's mainly because I'm mad and wish they would understand to leave me alone at that point.

• 2) ... That's why texts are so shit. We can never tell if you're being flirty or friendly with winky emoticons.

• Yeah, texting is difficult because it varies depending on the person

• 1- I dislike random, goalless texting. It does not mean however, that I dislike you.

2- I take similes as facial expressions. So don't mess with me and send me kissy faces, then call me your friend.

3- The shorter the text I sent is, more interested I am in meeting up with you.

• I never understood that about girls... how a short answer signifies you wanting to meet or being excited?

• Well if a guys sends me a text and I answer with "yeah, that'd be fun to talk about", or "maybe", or "haha, you're right", I am actually waiting for his next text to be wanna meet up

• 1. if you don't text me back within 10 minutes I feel like you hate me.

2. if I get my feelings hurt while texting you I will use more then one "lol" to mask how I feel.

3. if I like you then you will get :) if I don't then the texts are brief and responded too slower.

• when I use winky faces I'm either joking or flirting, sometimes both. I rarely use them at all actually

when I don't want to talk I usually just stop responding

and it's never good to double text a girl, you'd be surprised at how many guys do this... like prodding her to answer when either she hasn't had time to respond yet or isn't going to at all. it's one thing to add more to what you sent in an earlier text, but I always hate it when guys try to get you to respond. and texting just to say hey gets old really fast, it's best to have a point in texting them, like if you have a question or want to hang out or something. it's bothersome to have to text someone all day every day having a conversation that would be better in person or on the phone. I hope this helped :)

• You are are what's wrong with society, If you don't want to talk to him, just tell him, instead of "stop responding", you don't have the guts to tell him that, or you don't want him to think you're not nice, and then you leave him hanging out like that, that's the most irritating habbit in the history, I would a girl like that right away.

• I like the guy below \/

• HA I don't even remember writing this. But yeah after having done some more growing up I think it's better to just be direct, it saves both people involved a lot of time and energy.

• The main thing? If I text you all day until I fall asleep, actually making conversation and trying... I LIKE YOU! Get the picture please! :)

• When I say I'll talk to you later or good night without any exclamation marks, it means I'm upset with you. If I type a smiley with a tongue sticking out, it means I'm joking.

• 1. Short = shut the fuck up
    That's all.

• I am a quite straight human being. When I want sth I just say. No need any complicated sentences.

• If I message and it's short, most likely I'm doing it because he is and I'm frustrated.
    ._. This face generally means "are you kidding me" in a slightly playful demeanor
    Not replying doesn't mean "message me again"

• 1. I always use way too many emoticons, so when I do, dont freak out.
    2. I usually say I´m oke, even when I´m not.
    3. I might spam a bit...

• I wish they would get that if I'm angry I will show it by using caps not by using exclamation marks

• Nothing really my texts are very straight to the point except when I'm using sarcasm

• If we respond in full sentences and all the grammar is correct, it means we want you to reply in the same manner, not in yeah or nah, never just say ok! If a girl texts you she wants you to get involved in the conversation and have interest, but if her reply is short she's either busy, tiered or can't be bothered, generally all

• He shold know that when i don't text for one day/half day, it's because he didn't answer to my messages and I don't want to be the clingy gf, when I write that "everything's fine :) " when he did something that he wasn't sure I'd like him to do, it's not fine, i just don't want him to think I'm the annoying gf, and if I ask him to go out with his friends without me, so he thinks I'm the laid-back girlfriend, I hope he'll write " no, I much rather spend time with you !"

• If i have read your text and haven't replied for a long time and when I finally do it's short -------> 1. I don't like you 2. OMG!! We're texting! Kyaaaaa (fangurling)

• 1) When my texts start getting short and I seem uncommunative something is wrong and I want him to realize that but I'm not willing to just tell him. I want him to ask if something is bothering me, and if I say nothing, HE SHOULD ASK AGAIN.

2) I want him to pick up things out of the ordinary- Like if I usually use good punctuation like periods at the end of sentences then randomly stop I want him to notice this, and ask something like how are you or are you ok.

3) Hmmmmm. Can't think of number three.

• for your own sake I suggest you learn to stop dropping hints. Guys hate this. If something is wrong, just say it, don't expects us to read your mind, especially through text.

• what are you 14?

• I answered your question, I think. That's what you asked for no?

• I wish guys could tell the difference between when I'm flirting and when I actually wanna talk dirty, haha.

• when I'm joking, that if I respond quickly it doesn't necessarily mean I was waiting for them, and that I have a reason for not responding in two seconds

• 1: if I'm sending a lot of love through the text such as compliments or <3 it means that I am missing him a lot and want to see him.

2: If I am sending short short messages that leave no trail for conversation then it means I am upset with him and want him to know and ask why and ask again when I say nothing.

3: If I am sending sly critique or undercover insults through the text then I am mad at him in some way, maybe not even very consciously and may or may not want him to call me on it.

• Why do you girls do #3 in text and real life? Why do you purposely push our buttons hoping we will push back? That is so messed up? Why are you trying to instigate a fight?

• That even if I use emojis, I'm not flirting with you. Sometimes I'm just being friendly. (The winkey face is the exception) obviously if my texts are like one word every time I don't want to talk. If I don't answer your texts I'm not mad, I'm busy.

• If i dont usually text first i dont want to talk to you. One word answers mean im busy. Emojis mean im flirty.

• 1) when I don't answer, I normally busy not cheating

2) when I give short answers, I'm busy or mad

3) when I give winkies I'm flirting

• I wish all guys text me back as soon as possible.

• 1) If we're ignoring you try later instead of annoying us with 100 texts

• Correction... if she's ignoring you, don't give this girl the time of day.

• That lower case means I'm feeling small and sad.
    Dotdotdots mean I'm disappointed or that I think you're mad at me
    That it sucks when you turn down sexting hints

• when we text you, text us back.
    If we put emojis at the beginning or ending of their statement this could be a good sign but if she doesn't that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

• That I keep his secrits and I like him

• 1. Guys: I hope you know that I have debates with myself on whether to send a text or not. I always have to decide which is the best and coolest way to respond before I hit "send".

2. Guys: I reread my texts. I even screenshot some. (I have a whole collection of cute conversations).

3. Guys: When I send emojis or smiley faces, that does not mean that I am flirting. I just want you to know how I feel about what we are talking about.

• If I send something personal don't reply with like a two word answer that's basically it

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 2

• Those are some VERY passive-aggressive answers!

"I want him to ask, but I won't answer, so he should ask again!" Wow!

• Agreed o_o

• A lot of this depends on age. Younger immature people tend to play these stupid games. Now in my mid 20s if girls start doing this I just move on. It's not worth my time to play a stupid game with a girl who won't just be honest with me. Confidence is sexy, and these games are just a turn off.

• Believe guys, women will play games with men as long as they live but the more mature the woman the better and more undetectable the games...so give up on the idea of not being toyed with..SORRY

• Tip for girls:

I know you guys are extremely cryptic and for some retarded ass reason don't like letting a guy know that you like him, so if you do like him, instead of running him around in circles trying to figure out what's wrong with you, just tell him "I just wanna spend some time with you". along with some smile faces and exclamation points, like so: "I just wanna spend some time with you! :)" This is the most covert, yet direct way of letting a guy know that you're interested in him.