REALLY confused what this text from this guy means, PLEASE help!!!

I sent this text to my guy friend as a joke:

My little sister is going to a party tonight, she looks so beautiful all dressed up. I hope she finds her prince. Meanwhile, I feel like Cinderella dressed in rags sitting at home in my old clothes.

He replied "I don't mean to dash your sister's hopes, but it was Cinderella who the prince sought".

What does this mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• he's just being playful with you, that's it

What Guys Said 6

• Your the one that guys want; your sister is one of Cinderellas undesirable sisters.

• he is just trying to make you feel better

• Woah,nice answer... Will try to remember that :D Well he maybe just tried to be funny,but there is a possibility that he was flirting a bit there,who knows,maybe he wants to be your prince... ;)

• Thanks. He has been calling and texting me a lot lately, and I have been wondering if he has feelings for me. Just wondered if that's how he meant it.

• he likes you, that is what he meant and yet not the best of words, his way of saying it, guys fumble what they want to say, ALOT.

• It means that he loves you for who you are. Be happy for what he believes!

• Lol he was trying to pay you a compliment saying that Cinderella gets the guys lol idk... he probably didn't put much thought into it, not nearly as much as you are or mabey after he sent it lol

What Girls Said 2

• well sought= wanted or looked for

so

he probably means the Prince wanted Cinderella (not the 'Ugly' sister) ! Do your slippers fit ?

• Unless he referred to himself as the prince, you're probably overthinking things. It doesn't mean much, just pointing out the true context of the fairytale.