Im really scared what should I do?

I went to meet someone off the internet for the first time for a date. When I got to their house it was really f***ing creepy as hell and dark. and it looked like all they expected was a booty call.He even LOCKED the door when I entered and I could barely open it getting out. I was so scared you could hear how nervous I was in my voice. I apologized to him for wasting his time but I told him I was uncomfortable and I didn't want to make eye contact with him. he said it was OK but I'm so freaked out what do I do. he was so scary even though he said he understood me that he was nervous too.. I was still scared as f***. I don't want him to ever contact me again and I'm afraid he might try to. what do I dooo? he lives in the town next door to me :/

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a fear of strangers. If it scares the hell out of you, don't do it. But meeting people off line is part of online dating. Perhaps that is not for you.

What Guys Said 10

• Sorry but you're 18-24y/o and you don't know how to protect yourself from this kind of situations? Man I hope I teach my daughter (should I have one) better than this.

• hahahaha! This is hilarious. Well, next time go to a public place when meeting someone for the first time.

• this is why guys are always hurt and are unsucsessful in dating and why we don't ask girls out anymore... because girls over judge guys and how they live

• Try dating people you know instead of from the Internet. You're 18-24- you shouldn't have to use a dating site. Also, learn to defend yourself/use better judgement when entering homes/be safe in general. You never know what's going to happen.

• umm... tell him you're dating someone else ... of course he could still follow you around (i've had a few girls tell me that's happened to them) and you can't really do much about it except if it gets weird ask your guy friends to help you out. seems like you got yourself out of a creep situation in time there

• Wait wait wait.. you had to use the Net with someone who lives next door to you?

And you went to his place on the first date?

WTF

• Guess no second date huh! Just playing that's really a dangerous situation to be in and recommend meeting in a open public place first.

• So the boogyman was not him it was in your head?

• Did he say or do anything to make you scared or was all of this in your head? It is normal for one to lock a door btw

• When you meet someone in real life for the first time, always ALWAYS meet in the public place and tell your friends or family where you'll be.

• yea I don't know what I was thinking, really. but should I be worried of having a stalker now? :(

• Well it's probably nothing to worry about, so far he hasn't really been stalking you. But if anything strange happens tell someone.

What Girls Said 3

• Stop worrying. You made a mistake, and he was a creepy guy.

But he let you leave and didn't do anything to you, so you're probably ok.

Chances are, he's just a guy who likes a dark house and locks his door.

Just go on with your life, don't let this get you down. You've learned your lesson to be careful with things like this.

He probably won't do anything, and if he tries to stalk you, you can always take legal action. But if was a real threat, he would have probably acted way more creepy than he did.

• you know that is how women get raped and/or murdered. I mean seriously please don't make it easy for them. It would be sad for your family and friends to see you on some Dicovery I.D. show :/

• yea I really don't know what I was thinking. my friend told me she met a guy the same way but her story was way less creepy. I don't know what to do now, do you think he'll leave me alone after this? he seemed pretty OK with the fact that I backed out.

• well, he might call you ask for a second date, but if he does you can always decline or contact him first and tell him you want to stop talking. honestly he doesn't sound that bad. Maybe if you want you could meet him in a public place on a group date; like see him in a different light... well, even if it is not him; do that for the next time.

• You don't meet crazy people off the internet! What is wrong with you? You block him and ignore him, duh!