Do guys actually think girls have it better when dating?

Simple question.

If you do think that way, tell me why.

Most Helpful Guy

• Since much of the male population is expected to pay and meet the financial expectations of their love interest, its a hell of a lot harder than just looking good. Especially since guys are also expected to look good and court the girl. In an ideal world, the initiation of dates and cost would be 50-50 which isn't the case. The majority of girls see a guy they think is cute and then they just hope that the guy will come talk to them. The majority of guys see a cute girl and he knows nothing will ever happen until HE approaches her.

What Guys Said 11

• Depends on how you look at it.

Both men and women have expectations that are asking for trouble.

Men want women to give them easy sex with minimal promise of commitment.

Women want men to give them easy commitment with with minimal promise of sex.

If they'd just switch, it would be much easier for both parties.

• Overall, I think that both have it equally frustrating, but there's been times where I thought girls had it easier.

There're a couple of factors at play here (warning, heavy stereotyping to follow):

1st one is the idea that because guys always want sex, girls can get sex a lot easier.

2nd one is because guys have to do the asking, girls have all the power over whether or not to say yes.

3rd one is the idea that guys always pay for the girl.

Now before I get girls jumping down my throat about that not being true, let me say that I know those are grossly oversimplified stereotypes. I realize that:

1st one has to deal with the double standards of a guy vs a girl sleeping around.

2nd one is completely meaningless if a girl doesn't get asked out by anyone.

3rd one is simply not true anymore.

What it really comes down to is the cliched "grass is always greener..." idea. Not all guys think this, but it does happen, and it's usually rooted in one of those reasons.

• yes because girls always get the wrong information in having to expect the guy to do everything while the girl doesn't really care that she's dating a guy ... it just seems like girls date out of boredom ... while the guy does it out of desires to want a girl one way or another... and plus girls are the ones that always choose the type and style the relationship is going to be and control everything and guys hate that and its usually why they leave

• I know a lot of guys are going to whinge, but this is my observation:

1. if you are a hot guy, you will not have any problems dating..

2. if you are a hot gir, obviously.

3. If you are a fat ugly guy, sorry you need more work.

4. if you are fat ugly girl, sorry same.

Today day and age... I got asked out 2x today - my hattrick may happen lol!

• I don't..at ALL...oh maybe for that first date..but that is all..actually...can ask one simple Question..do more gfs kill bfs? Or..perhaps more bfs kill gfs? >:(

• 1.All you have to do is sit back & look pretty

2.Rarely ever have to pay for a date.

3.Whatever you say goes.

• yes, because we guys always have to approach, do the hitting on you

• I think they have it easier. Sit back, look pretty and wait for the inevitable.

• yes, because social-awkwardness is much worse for guys to have

• Many guys think that girls have it easier because it's easier for girls to get sex and because they're not the one to be rejected. But growing up with sisters and having a girl as a best friend for years, I'm more aware of all the things girls go through relationship-wise, (the insecurities, the creeps and players, fear of being used just for sex, the pressure to look prefect, she's a slut if she likes sex but undesirable if she's not sexy etc) so I'm not so sure.

• yes, because a girl doesn't really need that much qualifications in order to be dating/relationship material like we guys have to

What Girls Said 2

• We do have it better when dating usually.

If your somewhat attractive, you will get a fair amount of guys wanting to get to know you better.

Our society is still largely influenced by traditional standards, so it's more of the man's " responsibility," to snuff out and pick up suitable women for himself. Women are still under the impression of being " reserved," and on waiting for a guy to ask her out and stuff.

Hell, majority of women don't even know how to adequately show interest in a man so he knows to ask you out - which is a major challenge for men seeking you, as they are not sure if the feelings are mutual. That's largely due to the aspect of women being taught that all we have to do is look hot and prince charming will do the rest.

Any girls facing an issue with getting the interest of men, are probably caught in that idea.

Men are also expected to take care of the finances of date, even though more women are offering to pay these days - it's still falls greatly on him for the first date.

The traditional male role of provider is also still enforced on men ( even though the domestic traditional female role is not enforced on women lol so much for equality I guess :P) so men are expected to take up financial duties such as that without a fuss - or god so help him he will be called lazy, good for nothing, cheap, and ultimately not a suitable mate for any decent woman.

Now it's equally stressful on both the woman and man as far as the experience of dating itself; it's pressure on both to impress the other, hold the others' interest, and try to fight for a strong mutual connection so there can be a plausible romantic future for the two of you.

As far as everything else? Courting has always been in the woman's favor - with the males usually hyper competing for the women. Not all animals behave according to this particular dynamic, but humans do. Think about the male rams who knock each other senseless to get the right to mate for the female; doing this he demonstrates the ability to protect her and beat out the other alpha male to take responsibility for guiding the herd to plentiful grazing lands and of course, the right to breed with the female.

Humans aren't butting heads lol, but the men have developed their own unique way of demonstrating the same universal desires women have in a mate in the act of human courting, expectations, and societal standards we abide by today.

• The grass is always greener on the other side.

• Except in terms of dating because, if the grass WAS greener, more girls would make an effort to approach guys, court them and ask them out. Wouldn't you agree?