Girl, do you get turn off, if he text too much?

I'm wandering cause you never know if your crush is getting turn off by the constant texting. I don't text much but you know, when I'm texting with someone that is interested in me & I'm interested in her, I kind of start texting & calling more than I really do & somehow I start thinking about "what if I'm turning her off or something like that", hah sometimes I think the worst. My question is Do you girls, get to a point that it kind of start pissing you off, the constant texting? Any advice on texting from a girl's perspective?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through this situation right now.. If it's a guy I'm interested in, there's no such thing as texting me too much. But the difference is that I don't like the guy in that way. I've told him that, made it veerrryyy clear that I have no romantic interest but that he's still a cool person and I would be happy to be friends and talk when he's bored etc. But that means texting me sometimes, not every hour of everyday. And like @LoveArt stated, he keeps texting "wyd", "heyy", "whats up?", "Good morning". If I say I'm not doing anything at 9am, then you text me again and ask what I'm doing at 9:30am, that's annoying. I just don't reply. Then he sends sh*t like, "hello?", "did you get my message?" "?", "I wish you would answer me :)" "I said, wyd?"

-_- I literally have 15 messages he's sent me without a response and four missed calls..

Moral of the story, if she likes you and is responding to you, you cannot text her too much. Beware when you stop getting responses or she's kind of rude when she does respond.

• That's miserable, 15 messages without a response, and four missed calls?! What is he thinking? lol

Good pointer, if she's engaged in the conversation or is simply making an effort to respond ( and in a good way) she's interested in "some" kind of way.

Very well put.

• This guys seems DESPERATE! I thought I was texting this girl too much. But she always answered.. And I never texted her more sh*t if she never responded. I'd just wait till she responded. But I disagree on your opinion you cannot text a girl too much if she likes you. Maybe for you that is true. But in my experience, it makes the guy seem like a desperate pushover.

What Girls Said 9

• I think guys set the tone for how frequent texting and calling etc should be - and so the key is not escalating it too much in a short period of time?

Like, a girl will notice if you start getting more frequent, and if she isn't fully interested yet, she will respond negatively.

• If I'm interested in the person, it makes me all the more merry...lol

but don't text me every single freakin' time, wyd?, hey, what'sup?, yo'...no...are you incapable of starting a conversation or something to not to be harsh but is that all you can think of? Okay, it's nice to know that you're possibly thinking of me every hour on the hour but if you can't hold my attention then the whole situation is annoying...

I'm already interested, interest me more...please?!

• and I have to add, that when/if this happens, I "literally" hang my head as I put my hand on my forehead in disgust, it's that annoying, and dreadful.

• What type of things do you like texting about? Because after "hey what are you doing" I usually can't think of anything ha ha and I'm not boring I just don't like texting I like being witb her in person

• Well, see everyone's different, some people just don't enjoy texting as much, and that's OK but if you like this girl and the only texting is the only means of communication you're using then make sure you take Texting 101.

Ask her some things about herself ( don't go crazy) but just enough to get a worthy conversation going, who knows you might find something relatable, then you can go forth from there. Don't say " Hey what are you doing?" she tells you, and then there's this awkward silence.

• no, I won't be pissed of whether I like him or not. if I'm interested in that guy, defo I feel sweet to keep texting. if not, I'm cool with it, but I will give him the hint that I'm not interested. if he still keeps contacting me after several hints, I will choose to ignore him..

• if I like you then you can't text me enough.

i love hearing from the guy I like, it makes me smile(:

• If his grammar/spelling is as bad as yours, yes...

• thanks...

• You're welcome.

• yes and no hahah I wrote too fast. I guess I could blame it on speaking four language, but the girls I text with don't speak English so there no English in the texts

• If she really likes you , It wouldn't bother her . Normally it would only bother a person if they don't really like you . I'm pretty sure your not over doing it .

• Not a turn off but, sometimes it gets really awkward when you run out of something to say.

• yah

• Some girls I suppose not all though. It annoys me if they don't text me.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel like this same thing is happening to me right now. Been lots of texting, lots of humor, lots of "hey how's your day going." But it actually seems to be making it stale. Like, if you're constantly texting little things, the excitement factor of seeing each other again is lessened. At least with her. I get the same way as you described. I get all gitty with a new girl I like and text way too much. I would advise against it. It makes you seem too "available." Women generally want to feel special. So if you constantly have time for her, there's nothing special about it. If you are unavailable most the time on the other hand... And then call and talk to her for a while, it will have a bigger impact. And if you text here less, when you see her, you'll have a whole week or however long since the last time you saw her of stuff to talk about.

And thanks for asking this question so I don't have to!

• Yeah, I worry a lot about this as well seeing as I text a girl 3-4 times a week for a few hours, and always worry that I'm bothering her.

My advice is that you don't start a conversation more than once a day unless the previous conversation was cut-off midway by something and was really interesting. If you find yourself running out of things to talk about, stop texting! Well, say goodbye first, and then maybe don't text for a few days so you have more things to talk about.

I was texting a girl every night for about 3 months from about 9pm-1am (something like 1000+ messages a night) and things were fine, and she wasn't bothered about it, but more recently we cut down to a few times a week simply because otherwise, we wouldn't have enough to talk about. Texting is harder to have spontaneous parts of a conversation, prompted by things you see or what other people are saying, so it's harder to have prolonged conversations.

Know when you aren't wanted as well, if the other person is doing something, make an excuse and let her do what she was doing, and if the other person starts responding with monosyllables or taking longer and longer times to respond, end the conversation.

These are all things I've learnt from texting her, and according to her, the girl will let you know if you are being annoying, although somewhat subtely like outlined above.

Most important thing, try not to start a conversation with inane stuff like, "Hi" or "Whassup?" unless you think the girl is genuinely bored, otherwise that's a little annoying. Try starting with a jokey text like "I'm here, what are your other two wishes" or some little story that made you think of her, "It's shark week, thought of you" (this was hilarious when I used it, cos the girl spent ages pestering me about why it made me think of her.)