Is it bad to be a homie hopper?

So I just got to college a few days ago (classes start tomorrow!) and I met this girl from New Mexico, and we were talking about our dating experiences in the past. I told her that in high school I dated about half of the guys on the academic decathlon team. She then proceeded to call me a homie hopper, which is apparently when you pick a group of friends and date a lot of them.

So there is no acadec in college which I thought made my homie hopping days over, but apparently not. I'm kind of still very interested in another acadec guy from home and I also met a guy here who is really cute who was also an acadec kid. Now I'm afraid to pursue either one because apparently it's weird to homie hop.

Is that weird or bad? What should I do?

Just so we're clear, I haven't slept with any of them and this was over the course of two years.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ummmm, I think if you were having sex with all of them that would be weird, but if we're just talking dating, that's nothing to be concerned about.

In fact, it's good that you're having multiple dating experiences because that means when you enter a relationship you will have a better idea of what you like and what you don't like, and that means you'll like get involved with a better match for yourself.

Don't get too caught up in these social constraints that people talk about in college, because most people in college are too conservative now to truly understand what college is about.

Obviously don't use that as a pass to sleep around, but if you're just going out on dates with a varied group of guys, you're learning, and that is what college is about.

• And that would be my point. People make the assumption that you're having sex. And you aren't.

People need to mind their own business, settle down, and figure out what they are doing in their own lives, because I guarantee the reason people talk, is because they have nothing in their own lives.

It's loser behavior that you don't need to concern yourself with.

What Guys Said 5

• Those girls get no respect, men talk trash about them when they're not around.

I remember hanging out with some dudes on the football team and there was this this girl that banged practically everyone on the team except for one dude. Lol one of them said to the guy, “How does it feel being the only guy on the team that hasn't banged her yet? That's like team initiation right there!”

• It is kind of upsetting to find out your friend is dating the girl you just dated.

• Try dating the guy from college. You have more fun if you put all your energy into one person.

• Its a bad look honestly, You just damaged your credintials.

• do them all!

What Girls Said 4

• I think as long as the buddies all are on the same page about it then you aren't hurting their relationship it's ok

• Homie hopping really only refers to when you banged a bunch of guys who are in a group. That can be bad because they will talk about you behind your back with each other and things will get out that you don't want spreading around. And it makes you seem easy and like a slut. That's why being a homie hopper is not a good thing.

• Hop on whatever "homie's" you want. YOLO!

• Yea it is - it's like if you and your friends all dated the same guy - you dated him / had sex with him, and then he dated and had sex with all your friends as well.

It's like your being passed around by the same groupd of guys lol. Men are weird about sharing girls - women seem to have more of a problem sharing men, but guys love to pass girls around -

Yea, don't homie hop. That's the behavior of hoes usually -

Now I must say that if you happen to get a way better connection with the guy you are dating's friend, then that's a different situation. But bouncing from one friend to the next because you don't know what you really want is silly and counter productive - and it gives you a bad reputation.