Girls, would you be with BUTCHER?

I know this question may sound funny.. it is serious.

I met nice guy, we went for 3 dates.. I started liking him . But I became to know that he works as a butcher .

I love animals ,i have 2 cats,dog and 2 hens.. animals are my friends.. and I wouldn't be able even to kill a small fish .

If I would ever enter slaughterhouse I would start crying .

And he does something related to killing animals.

Should I still date him?

and would it be stupid if I stop dating him only because he's a butcher?

I was talking with him.. and yes he kills animals, not only deal with meat. He works in a farm ,and also kills animals.. what do you think now? am I still stupid now wanting date him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess what it all comes down to is who much do you like this guy? How big of an issue is this for you? I could date a garbage man, a minimum wage worker, a guy doing any job in the world, the only job that's a turn off for me is butcher (and those actually killing animals)... those places just smell of massacre. I'm not saying it would be a deal-breaker, but I do find it somewhat off putting. People may say that it's shallow and stupid, but many of them would not even think about dating someone poor or uneducated etc,. things I wouldn't have a problem with. The guy you're dating may be a great guy and you might regret breaking up with him... but if it's something you just can't deal with then that is a problem. Talk to him. Maybe he doesn't plan to be a butcher for long.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it's that stupid,

he does something you don't really like/agree with

(but if your a meat eater then it's a bit hypocritical

because in a way you still support the killing and preparing of animals but are so

removed from the situation that it normally doesn't bother you)

• I just don't see the problem with it, its a job. Even though he does the slaughtering too, doesn't mean he doesn't like animals. Now if he enjoys doing it and gets some sort of sexual enjoyment ot of it I get can see it being a problem. But if you have such a problem with it, date a drug dealer, that would make more sense.

• Thay would be ignorant, since I have seen a butcher kill a live animal. Butchers handle just the meat, the killing is done at the meat packing plants. I hunt year round for food, I love animals too but I enjoy the sport of hunting. Its not like some sadistic ritual, it's jus the natural circle of life.

• Yes, it would be stupid.

• stupid

• Yeah?

What Girls Said 6

• thats your choice.

i personally would not, id never of dated him to begin with. I won't even date a hunter

• Okay if you are a vegetarian and you can not stop thinking about his job then it is going to be a problem in your head. If this is the case then maybe you should break up.

When I was younger I was vegetarian for 8 years and then I went back to being omnivorous.

The butchering job is a gross job BUT a job is a job. I respect people who are working and are good people.

If he is a good guy it's still a shame to let him go over this BUT you really need to make peace with it one way or another.

• It's just... he works only with already killed animals? But he has also farm with animals maybe he kills them ?

I just was raised in a family where we always had animals , and everyone loves animals .. I was raised that way. I sleep with my cat since childhood and talk with my dog. I think others are not able to understand it ..

• YES, it would be really LAME and stupid, immature if you stopped dating him because of his job.

He is a working guy, he has a job!

People typically have many jobs over their lifetimes.

• But are so many other jobs and he isn't only one guy in the world.. Some people may not want to date stripteaser, I may not want to date butcher, why is this wrong?

• Hi lovely,

I have just started dating a butcher also, and I am the complete same to you when it comes to animals. I hate animal cruelty and often protest for numerous animal cruelty protest groups. I personally really care about this guy, and there are things about me that he is trying to adjust too... i think when it comes down to it, as long as he leaves work at work and respects your opinions it should be fine. My man has told me he promises me that he will keep that side of his life away from me, and to be considerate of my feelings about it all. He has reassured me that yes, that is his job and that he has no problem with it, because well he's a farm boy too.. but because he is willing to take my feelings into consideration then its okay. At the end of the day it is all up to you and a personal choice. Remember no-one os perfect and if he is the right guy you will overlook small differences in lifestyle etc,

dont give up a great guy that will treat you amazingly, unless you can think of 3 reasons why it would absolutely never work. relationships take time and a lot of compromising, among other things.

hope this was helpful.

• From what I know, the butcher has as much to do with killing the animal as we do when we cut up a chicken breast to eat it ...

As far as supermarket jobs go, being the butcher pays a bit more than the other jobs ... he may have just figured it was a way to make more than average for the kind of job you can get without higher education. Unless you are against eating meat, then this shouldn't be an issue.

• Do you eat animals or do you not eat animals? If you do ... realize that somebody has to be the farmer and kill them, and the butcher and cut them up. Most people do it quickly, so that the animal hardly knows what happened. The food chain isn't particularly pretty... including animal on animal.

• but I don't understand how can someone be able to kill.. I'm not able even to kill small fish. I'm sure many other girls will date him and won;'t care, but I just don't want to be with someone who kills animals. I would not be comfortable with it , some people may not want date drug dealers or stripteasers.. and I don't want to date him.

• It seems kinda strange to me to cast aside a guy you're really into for his job title if you aren't a vegetarian, but it's your life.

• A butcher doesn't kill animals, they just cut up the meat. The animal is already dead before it gets there. Don't judge the guy based on what he does for a living, he has to pay his bills too. So yea it would be stupid in my opinion if you don't date him just because of that. Are you a vegetarian by chance?

• even if I'm vegetaria, so what, is this bad if I'm? I don't judge him, I didn't know he doesn't kill animals. But I guess it means he also doesn't love animals like me and maybe I should date someone who feels similar about animals?

• First of all I was just curious and really? How do you know he doesn't love animals? He could be a huge animal lover! All he does is cut meat! It doesn't mean he doesn't live animals. I eat meat and I eat meat and I'm still an animal lover. That is incredibly shallow thinking on your part. His job doesn't decipher who he is as a person.