How can I be make sure this is not a rebound but a new relationship?

For the past six months I had dated my first serious boyfriend. He was my first in everything. I was really attached to him and even thought I was in love with him, but about a month ago he broke up with me with the reason that I liked him more than he liked me. I was really devastated after that. But, I've been trying my best to take it slow and I've finally gotten to the point that I'm okay with going on dates again.

My friends tried to set me up with a guy about 2 weeks after my break up and I knew from the start he wasn't good for me so I cut it off. This time, I know that I want something different, but I don't want to rebound.

A few weeks ago my co worker and close friend introduced me to a close friend of hers, and we hit it off very well. He too just got out of a relationship a few months back so we understood how each other felt, but at the same time we have so much in common. What we want in a new relationship is very similar and I feel like this could work out and might even be a breath of fresh air from my previous relationship.

I'm just worried that I might be getting myself into a rebound relationship, and I really don't want that. I know its soon for me to be dating after only a month, but I really want this one to work out. If it doesn't, I just don't want him to feel like he was a rebound because that is not at all what I want. But at the same time I know I don't want to be running at full speed into something new. I want to take it slow, but how can I make sure that I'm not putting him or myself into just a rebound.

What Guys Said 1

• It is only a rebound if you are souly using him to get over your last guy. It is OK to ease into a new relationship after a break up. It doesn't mean he is a rebound

• Okay good :) Because that's not what I'm doing at all. I was just worried about it since my friends have been talking about rebounds and it got me thinking. I know that I'm not trying to go into this to get back at or make my ex jealous, I just want to go into something that will be better than what I was in before.

• Sounds good

What Girls Said 0