Dating sites.

Has anyone ever used and/or met someone on a dating site or know anyone who has? What do you think of dating sites?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am on my second realtionship from dating sites and I have also made some good friends from them. The 1st relationship lasted for 18 months and we come to an end due to things not working and I'm now in my second relationship and we have been together 3 months and I'm happy.

I used it because I'm shy and don't like meeting people in bars etc. I think it is good because you can talk to someone and get to know them more first and you can also search for people who share simular interests.

Plentyoffish.com is good and that is who I have used. It is also free.

Datingdirect.com and match.com are also good. You do have to pay for them but at least you know people will be serious. People are not going to pay to mess around.

What Guys Said 2

• I am currently a member of match.com. I like the searching and matching system based upon all the variables you can input. I have only been a member for a week, so I haven't had the chance to ask a girl out yet who's listed on the site. It cost a little over 100 bucks for six months, with a guarantee that you find someone special in six months or they'll give you another six months free. So far, so good! :)

• What I have found on most of these sites is that the owners never delete any female profiles unless a request is made. If a man is not active, his site is deleted. Here's the rationale. Match, etc. only make money if there is an enducement for individuals to pay for a subscription. If two people communicate who already subscribe, the company doesn't make any money unless both re-up. So there much be an inducement for people to subscribe. I actually was sent a profile as a match where the woman wrote she had a free 3 day account and if I wanted to communicate I had to do so before June 30, 2010. This was less than a year ago.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm an introvert and shy.. I join ok cupid because it's free... so far nothing yet.. its been 4 days.. but I'm looking more for friends.. good luck... should people join more than 1 site?