Crushing on a guy with tourettes?

Okay so there is this guy and he's super cute and seems like a pretty cool guy. I've never really talked to him or anything but I do know that he has tourettes because my brother went to hs with him.

I've been trying to get some flirting going on but I'm nervous he thinks I'm smiling at him or looking at him because has these ticks. (they really aren't bad, but noticeable). So should I just go talk to him to eliminate the confusion (that I may or may not just be creating in my head lol)

Most Helpful Girl

• Tourette syndrome is a very confused condition for people not suffering from it. Just because someone with the condition blurts out racial or sexist slurs it does not mean they are secretly bigot. It could mean they are reacting to something they heard at one time or another, sort of like a parrot. Once you understand that you will learn to be more confortable around them. Remember, too, that it's only words without substance, meaning they don't intend to carry out their bigotry. Once the surrounding community understands that they will hopefully be less uncomfortable around the person suffering from T.S.

• i mean I wouldn't say I'm "uncomfortable" around him, but yea I don't really know much about the disorder other than seeing it on a documentary I watched a while back. I just don't want him to think I'm looking at him because he's having those ticks, but I actually think he's a cute guy.

• Good luck, my dear :)

• thanks =)

What Guys Said 2

• Aww, just go talk to him.

• i'm surprised, very surprised

• why's that?

• yup, you expect him to talk to you first just like most girls do

• uhm no, I dont. but when I smile at someone and walk towards them and they look at me with a mean/weird look then no I'm not going to approach him. And most guy think girls should talk to them so yea.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you should go talk to him:) what's the harm in trying and than he will get to know you and maybe something will blossom! Nothing will ever change if you don't take that dive so do it girl and than he won't think you're staring at him because of the disorder!

• yeah I think I'm going too =) because I really don't want him to think I'm an a**hole because he really is cute.

• I agree. But sometimes with people who have tourettes or nervous ticks, if you they see that you're nervous or uncomfortable, then they will start to get nervous which will bring it on more. You should just go for it though.

• I'm sure he'll be used to people noticing his ticks, and I bet people will react a lot worse than you. All I can suggest is not making a deal of them, but you don't need to pretend they aren't there. He might feel a bit embarrassed by them, so just put him at ease by acting like you would with anyone else with him. And he might laugh about them sometimes, and don't be afraid to find the fun side a little bit. Just remember, don't focus on the tourettes but the guy himself. Good luck :)

• yea def, I don't act like they bother me or anything, but if I'm looking in his direction and I see him look at me I'll give a quick smile or something. and my brother says that he is pretty easy going about it his tourettes. I sent him a friend request on Facebook and he accepted lol. so I thought that might be a way to how I was interested. I've just been kinda shy lately, I don't know what's been up with me

• That's good :) I don't think they need to be an issue, or something to worry about too much. Good luck with him

• Yeah go for it nothing wrong with that