Slightly Awkward voice mail: Cute or Weird?

Girls: A guy leaves you a voice mail asking if you want to hang out like you discussed on a previous day but he is a little awkward on the phone. You like the guy and think he's cute, but don't know him really well yet. He's usually pretty confident and easy to talk to in person.

Is a voice mail like that cute or weird?

If he stutters once or twice, or if he sounds like he wrote it down before he called you?

Most Helpful Girl

• he could be nervious. keep getting to know him and if he stays weird for a very long time then something else might be wrong

• It's me. I'm the guy in the story. I guess it reads a little strange. I just suck at phones, but I always call because asking girls out over SMS or Facebook is for little boys. I preferr to do it in person face to face, but that doesn't always happen. I'm just worried she'll listen to it and hear a different person than the impression I give when I talk to people in real life.

• Has she met you in real life? If not, she may judge you on the phone call (it's all she has to judge), and may not return your call.

• since you put it like dat. I would say its cute

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not going to judge him based on one phone call. It would simply be amusing at the most.

• Yeah, she's met me in real life, that's why I know she likes me to some degree. In the humblest way possible, I'm tall, slim, a little bit older than her, average looking, and we met in a situation where I am very well known and respected. I'm also confident enough that I can pull off tye dye jeans in public, though I'm usually very well dressed. I'm just awkward on the phone and a little bit awkward when it comes to relationships. I grew up as a military child with messed up social skills.

• Don't worry about it. If she judges you based on that, you dodged a bullet 'cause she's a bitch. No reasonable person would judge you at that moment.

• Cute

• i think that if a usually pretty confident guy gets tongue tied around a girl. then he has it really bad for her. therefore totally adorable :)

• totally cute!

• Why not ask her out in person?

• I did, she came to a dance I run last night, and I asked for her number and told her I'd call her this week. I could see it in her eyes, and the way she hugged me at the end of the night that she is somewhat interested.

What Guys Said 0