Did I just send the worst text ever?

Me and this girl have been flirting a ton recently... we were just texting now and I said I like her(she said that earlier so it wasn't weird). She joked saying oh really I have had no idea. So I responded saying oh my bad...I really need to pick it up next time we go out. And she said why not now? So I asked why would I do that? And she said because you like me. And in her last 4-5 texts she had a ;) or :) at the end to show she was flirting/joking... this was my response to her last text: "I'm really bad at showing how I feel over text...maybe you could give an example ;)"

Was that just a terrible text? She was responding instantly and now it's been a couple hours :( I was just joking with her and I didn't want to come on too strong by saying a reason I like her. I wanted her to play with that text and joke with me or give a reason she likes me. But now that she didn't respond, I'm thinking she doesn't like me that way :( was my text bad? What should I do?

Normally I don't worry at all over texts, but I really care for this girl now :) she's the best thing that has happened to me in a long time and I don't want to lose her over some stupid texting issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn't be too much, but I WAS that girl who got really uncomfortable and nervous quickly around guys, so you implying something sexual like that could freak her out. Give her a little time and text her tomorrow, and don't be as straightforward. Or do what others are saying and ask if she really likes you, because you really like her. Make sure she knows your true feelings, or she may be afraid of getting rejected.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• That's why it's not a good idea to have conversations like these OVER TEXT. It's just too easy to take something the wrong way. As has happened to me plenty of times. Now I'm more mature and I have convos like that in person. Texting is just immature in general imo.

But she probably thought you were implying something sexual...or she didn't know what to say, so she spent some time thinking about it and then forgot to text back

• She was the one throwing :) and ;) and flirty texts at you, why did that freak her out? Maybe she was bust atm so she didn't reply... did she eventually reply back?!

• tell her what you jus told us.

im gettign mixed messages and I like u, do you like me?

• First, don't talk about important stuff like that through text. Second, if she's actually that cool she won't stop talking to you over an awkward text message.

• We were just kinda joking about it... I've told her these things in person too.

• I mean we were joking, but being serious if that makes sense. It was a fun/flirty way of saying it... not "I like you." and "You are the best.", ect...

What Guys Said 5

• You shouldn't have texted her, you should have called her. In fact, you probably still should. Stop worrying over it, and call the damn girl! If she likes you, she'll be happy you did.

• I've come to discover that if girls get all weird about something like this, they're not really interested or even worth it in the first place. Just text her again in a day or two. If she's still acting weird than I don't think things will really go anywhere. But I think everything will be fine.

• A text It wasn't a bad idea to ask for an example. It made her think and commit herself...could be she hesitated about that, but that does't make it a major problem.

Text her ack and ask to meet somewhere!

• don't sweat it the worst it will give you in your relationship is the equivalent of a slap on the hand. If she's mad she'll get over it soon because it's just a text but I don't think that that was the case

• So it wasn't a bad text then?

• no and even if it was it isn't nearly that bad to where she wouldn't talk to you and she'll just resume conversation soon but if you see her in person and she giving you the cold shoulder than she might be fishing for an apology(most likely not the case here)

• been there done that. if it somehow offended her just tell her when you see her next time and not in another text message to easy to imply stuff and everyone might interpret things differently over text message since no body language or tone of voice is involved.