Kissed a guy I don't know?

So I'm 18 and just started college a couple weeks ago, and last night there was a party. Everyone was just kind of dancing with random people, and this guy started dancing with me and he kissed me. But I feel awful about it because I've never kissed anyone before and it was kind of awkward, and I don't even know him. I gave him my number after but now I don't know what to do, because I never ever do these sorts of things. I don't know if I like him...I barely know anything about him. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• well, that's definitely not the way I'd introduce myself to a girl... makes it look like he just wants a fling.

i'd wait for some guy you actually know a little bit and are on more friendly terms with.

theoretically he might prove to be a good match for you if you called and talked, but maybe this guy is like a 'base stealer.' instead of obeying the rules and waiting to get a hit he just steals first base. maybe he'll try to steal second and third base too, then run for home.

When I was a teenager I met this really forward girl while I was on vacation who invited me to her room the first time I met her. I almost didn't go because I was so stunned and taken off guard. she was so forward you'd think she just wanted a one night stand... and in fact we did end up kissing and touching in her room that night... but she turned out to be very romantic and very sweet, and totally wanted a long-term thing, so... you never know with some people.

heh... I'm sure I'm not helping you decide at all. sorry...

What Guys Said 4

• Talk to him and get to know him only if you want to. It's alright to dance with random guys and kiss them only if you want to. Don't just do it because a guy sticks his tongue down your throat. And only give a guy your number if he is attractive to you or only if you want to. Girls have a lot of power in these situations and you cna control the situation. If you didn't like him or feel any chemistry don't call him.

• Thats what happens at parties. That's how most people meet people who they end up actually going to with.

Its up to you what you do. Forget about it and nothing will happen, if you like him keep an eye out for him or ask about him. Its no big deal at all.

• well if you are a nice, clean girl just forget about that shi* and never do it again .. on the other hand if you wanna have fun just go on with that "Thing"

• You flush down the number and do nothing.

You don't like him, he was invasive. Nothing happens now.

What Girls Said 2

• Forget him, first kisses suck anyway (mine was so awkward and weird even though it was with a guy I actually liked) move on, this weird stuff happens at college. You don't like him, it doesn't matter, go have fun...go find someone you do want to kiss. If he didn't ask for your number he probably doesn't even like you and was being impulsive. Don't waste your time. One day you're going to find this funny. Its no big deal. but in the future, don't let people do stuff like that to you. Like push him away: even if a guy "seems nice" he could be a potenetial date rapist. Just saying that's a reality at colleges and universities or anywhere really, these days. Boundaries are important, so make sure people only get as close as you're comfortable.

• Honestly don't worry about this, the majority of girls have done this. Just make sure you don't do anything you aren't willing to do. It's understandable as well to develop some feelings after this, girls especially make some emotional attachment to physical things. I'm not saying he isn't interested at all, but if you feel you barely spoke to him, don't have too much expectation on him. Quite a lot of guys are like this, even though they are decent people, they might not be looking for anything particular.

People might say class it as experience (I hate logic that myself) But just know that your first 'real' first kiss with a guy you actually like will be far more special, and at least you've got the awkward out the way