How do I get into the dating world?

Assuming that it is officially over with my ex, and when I get over being hurt, how do I go about getting into the dating world?

I feel like it's going to be hard to go out and meet guys because I don't really go it that much, but when I do I don't get hit on by guys my own age that much. Either the guy is too young (underage) or a bit older than me (older than my father). And I also have very.shy tendencies when I'm one on one with a guy, it takes me a while to get comfortable around anyone though. So how do I get into the dating world?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, you're gorgeous! You shouldn't have issues with dating. My guess is that the younger guys are out to prove themselves and haven't been rejected long enough to care. The older guys (older than your dad? REALLY?) are just dirty old men and know to flirt with everyone they walk into, sooner or later someone will say yes.. It's like fishing. You hang that worm on a hook & sooner or later some hungry fish will bite on it. They know, they've been around long enough. The guys your age, might feel you're out of their league (you are very beautiful, and that is intimidating to some poor sap who is self conscience and has low self esteem) Don't be too much in a rush to find someone. The right one will come along.

What Guys Said 5

• STEPHGIRL, for what it's worth, if you were near me in NY I would ask you out :)

But anyways, just be single and enjoy it. There will be a guy that will sweep you off your feet, I promise it!

• $100 and the personal ads

• let men approach you. remember to smile and stay positive. have a warm welcoming body language and facial expression.

• Its not a world so much in a sense. Its just a part of life, not something you can get into. The idea is to meet people. That's key, and through that, you'll find guys that you like. So make friends. Don't wait for the right guy to approach you.

• Put yourself out there. Smile more and talk to more guys and learn what you like. Being shy is a waste of time

What Girls Said 0