Is 9 or 10 too late to go to a restaurant with someone?

I'm pretty used to early hours and such but this guy isn't... is 9 - 10 to go out eat too late?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so, but then again I've always been more of a night owl, even when I work early in the morning. And most of my social circle is similar, some working late in restaurants and bars, some socializing at those places or WITH friends who work there, after work hours. So I wouldn't think anything of going to dinner with a guy [or anyone really] at that time. Guy I've been hanging out with lately works like 12-9 pm as a chef at a restaurant, and then on Fridays and Saturdays works from the time he gets off that job to about 3 am at our favorite bar, only to do it again the next day. Hanging out after bar hours [because he knows I'm usually awake] and staying over, or hanging out in the evening on weekdays wouldn't be at all unusual.

So really it depends on what you're used to and who you know, lol.

What Guys Said 5

• That's totally up to you, and depends on where you live. In many places outside big cities, restaurants close at 9pm or sometimes even earlier. In bigger cities or large suburban areas, places may be open much later.

Anyway, it's all about what YOU are comfortable with.

• That is pretty late unless he's thinking of a place like applebees. But its totally up to you and of course your work schedule.

• After 8 it's pretty late.

• LOL! I used to go for dinner at 2 or 3 AM back in the old days

• To go out on a 1st date for dinner it is but not for a casual late dinner with a guy you already know

What Girls Said 7

• I do it if I'm out with a guy. But then again it's like IHOP getting pancakes after a bad night. But I work weird hours.

• It's a little inconsiderate if you know the restaurant is closing yet you manipulate the fact that they can't leave until after they are done serving you. But if the restaurant is going to be open late, I don't see why not! :) Sounds adventerous! :D I love late night, unexpected plans!

• Why does he want to eat so late? Anyways back to your question eating that late isn't going to hurt you but I wouldn't recommend doing it very often. I would go on the date and just enjoy yourself.

• Pretty normal hours.

• well if your hungry I guess not. eat small maybe soup. try it

• Not that late, to me anyway.

• I think 9-10 is not too late.