I'm 21 and he's 30…Is he interested ?

So he contacted me from a dating site. I'm the type to keep my distance and let the guy initiate everything…because I'm so shy. So he texts me first all the time but he ends the conversation early. Like right after I ask a question to get to know him better he answers and then says "have a good night" or "enjoy the rest of your day, I have to work now" and its only 4:00pm ! and this is texting. Does he not want to talk or is he just trying to give me my space ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes its the 'keeping you interested' angle at-work. Guy starts conversation, and also is the one to end it. This prevents girl from thinking the guy is needy for your attention, and is likely important and has other things to do. This method also encourages you to think about him more, and you are doing that right now. Of course things would be much easier if you actually text him or go along with the fact he is interested. That way things move along with getting this attraction going ;)

• Makes a ton of sense thanks =)

What Guys Said 4

• because he's always starting it first maybe he doesn't want to seem desperate. talking on the phone is much better

• smart and smooth talker. yes he does give you the opportunity to take a break and does not want to be perceived as desperate otherwise you just may flag him and he do not want that.

• Maybe when he says he has to work now, he means he has to work now. Some things should not be over-thought.

• Yes, I got that except him "working" was just one instance. What I'm saying is why text me when your supposedly busy and then abruptly end the convo once things start getting interesting.

• It may be that he has a short break and wants to communicate with you. Even if he is not at work, he might be involved with something and just taking a short break.

I also realize it could be something else altogether, but this is a possibility that fits what you described.

• that is no big deal with the age gap

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. In sex...