No kiss on a first date?

So I met this guy online and last night was our first official date. He's 25 and originally from Georgia but now lives in Caifornia. Maybe I'm just used to california guys that ALWAYS kiss on the first date, but he didn't. Not even a peck on the cheek. He said he had a really great time and that we'll talk soon. He hugged me when we first met and when we said goodbye and told me I looked pretty, but still no kiss -- am I missing something?

And should I text him or wait for this to contact me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's taking things slow and doesn't want to pressure you to come on too strong.

Him not giving a kiss is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

What Guys Said 1

• Well Growing up for some years in Georgia, a lot of the men down there are taught to be gentlemen by thier mothers. I mean sure most men are, but its a pretty big impact and you can see it. If anything I'm guessing he's just trying to take it slow & be very polite.

What Girls Said 2

• No kiss is normal. I would probably contact him first but I'm sure either is fine.

• No kiss on the first date seems normal to me lol. I would have contacted him and said I had a good time