Would you date/marry a smoker?

Let's face it, some smokers can be so attractive. You meet a guy or girl with the whole package, save for the fact that they smoke. Would you go for it or some battles are just not worth fighting?

• Yes..flaws and all
  • What next? Lemme guess love is blind- heck no!

Most Helpful Guy

• NO WAY!

Absolutely not.

Smoking is not attractive. It contains hundreds of cancer-causing toxins, and STINKS.

If my spouse started smoking, they have two options: 1) quit or 2) divorce.

Sounds harsh, but... anyone who cares about me and our family wouldn't put us at such risk of lung cancer.

Second hand smoke is way too risky for our health. And, it simply stinks.

I don't care if someone smokes in their own home. Their lungs, their life, their choice.

But, I would never date or marry a smoker, and I can't spend time with friends who smoke.

I refuse to let their life choice-- smoking -- give me lung cancer and the other dire effects.

I've seen several people succumb to lung cancer, and it sucks. I'm not chancing it, and refuse to be around it.

Aside from lung cancer and terrible effects of second-hand smoke, and wrinkles, and yellow teeth, the smell of smoke destroys property value. It destroys the value of a car. It makes clothes reek. It makes hair reek. It's just nasty. Like I said, someone who isn't around me can do whatever they want-- so long as it doesn't harm me.

Now, if someone drinks alcohol, eats twinkies, or whatever that doesn't harm me, fine. Smoking harms people with second hand smoke. Drinking (unless a violent drunk or driving), at least, or unhealthy eating by another person wouldn't harm me. I also wouldn't date or marry someone who took extreme needless risks in other areas, such as excessive drunkeness regularly, or speeding through lights or texted while driving, or, in general, a person who didn't value our families' and their safety above all else.

• Well said. You say you love, prove it by acting responsible you know like you give a sh*t.

What Guys Said 9

• Smoking is NOT something one is born with, like dark skin, curly hair or green eyes, or other physical or genetical aspects. It hurts others nearby and it's a decision the smoker takes every time he's lighting the tobacco for his own pleasure.

• Never.

• Marijuana? As long as she's not a huge chronic.

Cigarettes? Wouldn't even consider dating her.

• Nope. I use to smoke and I quite. If she lacks the willpower to quit then she's too weak to survive any long term relationship anyway...

• No I wouldn't. I would feel bad saying that but as others have pointed out it's not like it's something they can't change - it's a choice.

• I've done random hookups if other factors compelled me to, but would I be around a smoker on an ongoing basis? Not a chance.

• Even if I would give a shot to such girl it wouldn't last long. I see fresh air as something essential not a luxury which could be compromised.

• Unlikely, but it's possible.

• im yet to meet a female smoker who was the whole package so nope

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, I would.

• Smoking is ONLY attractive in theory. In movies, it can be attractive, like Jack in Titanic, but in real life, hell no, I would never date a smoker. I think it's a nasty habit, it smells awful, and it's the willing intake of thousands of carcinogens. I'm not willing to date a guy who has so little respect for his body. Fitness is much more attractive.

• No smoking is gross. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life and if I did like someone who smoked, who's to say that they'd ever be able to quit? Because that would be the first thing I would ask them to do. And then if he quit, well he'd probably just start back up again. Too many people who smoke, quit smoking and then start again. Seen it too many times.

• That is a DEAL BREAKER for me, NO exceptions. No smokers & drugies

• no, I hate smoking, the smell is disgusting and it is enough that I already live with a man that smokes already. I would even date him... He can be the whole package as a friend about a hundred feet away from me; outside.

• No, I wouldn't date him.

• No, I wouldn't date/marry a smoker.

• Nope. I can't kiss a smoker, they taste awful, they smell bad and the smoke lingers in their clothes and furniture and I end up having to breath it in even if they don't smoke around me.