My guy takes forever to respond to texts?

The guy I am seeing takes forever to text me back. We've been dating for over three months and we see each other basically every day.

But he sucks at texting, like sometimes it takes him over an hour to respond. I don't get it because when I am with him he is texting a lot so I know he sees the texts... why does he take so long to respond?

He is really into me, all his friends have told me that. So it just confuses me that he isn't eager to respond to me over text, but in person he is really affectionate and into me.

Is this normal for guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's doing this to come off or appear that he has other priorities. That makes the girl somehow more interested in him even though it may irritate her or get on her nerves, it's still working, she has him on her brain. Not all girls like it when a guy becomes what they want them to be. They want him to be a guy. And he's doing just that. He's trying to keep you reeled in by giving you affection and care in person and then trying to distance himself via text with the late responses. What his friends say is true, that he's really into you so what I think is that he just doesn't wanna come off too strong. He probably has you on his mind 24/7 but doesn't want to admit it or say it. He's trying to play it cool. He's trying to stay in between because too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Or maybe he's just a guy that doesn't look at his phone much or texts much (or phone savvy) and likes to have conversations face to face.

What Guys Said 3

• maybe he is just busy or multitasking? No is bad at texting, just as long as the text is readable, then its a win in most people's books. I think you're reading too much into it, just maybe technology affection isn't his thing.

Talk to him about it.

• Don't text him for few days and see how he respond, may b he is trying to measure you..don't lose game

• Listen.. Try not to text him few days and see what will happen -Trust me it will work with him- and yes, sometimes its normal..

What Girls Said 1

• guys don't text like girls do...