Would you go on a date with someone in an open relationship?

Well I planned a date with this guy I met recently. But my friends told me he's currently in a open relationship..should I bail? I don't believe in open relationships. But I don't know if I should try one date first cause I did just meet him?

& what's the point of an open relationship? To compare dates to see which person is better for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand open relationships, either. That's up to you whether you go on the date or not. It could always be one of those "oh, why the hell not?" moments where you go out and enjoy the date, then have a decent story in the books to tell later.

There is always the possibility that you could end up really feeling some chemistry with him, which could put you in a tough spot (as he already has someone else).

What Guys Said 2

• Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll No.

• Not something I would get involved with.

What Girls Said 4

• Well, if you "don't believe in open relationships", why would you want to go on one date with him? What would you be hoping to get out of it?

• "what's the point of an open relationship?"

Uh, not really. There are different types of open relationships, for example, swingers, polyamorous relationships, or even friends with benefits could be called an "open relationship", and people choose to have open relationships for a variety of reasons. For some people, it might be that they aren't ready to be committed to just one person at this point; for others, they may be incredibly committed to their partner, but they simply don't feel the

• "To compare dates to see which person is better for you?"

For a lot of people in open relationships, it's not about comparing or thinking one person is better than another. It's that having close, meaningful relationships with more than one person can be really enriching to your life. Generally people in open relationships care a lot about their partner and their relationship with their partner, so they wouldn't drop their partner when someone "new and exciting" comes along (unlike a lot of

• people who engage in serial monogamy).

• Usually open relationships involve couples who love each other but who cannot satisfy one another sexually. I would avoid it at all costs cause you would be used by both of them. Ironically you wold be the one keeping their relationship functional while you receive 0 love or affection. Id rather be a mistress cause at least the dude fakes love and buys you things.

• I'd bail.

• I wouldn't. I think being in an open relationship shows that that person has lack of commitment. And you don't want to be with someone like that.