Do you think I might have a serious problem dating him if I want to get approved by his parents? What should I do about it?

Okay to start off,I am in color guard and there is a guy in band that I hang out/ flirt with a lot. We both like each other, but at one point he seemed to be avoiding me. A friend of mine is his cousin, and she told me that the reason he was avoiding me was because his parents won't let him date. I'm okay with that, and I respect his parents decisions, but the other day I saw him talking to his aunt(my friends mom) and they were both smiling and they kept glancing over at me. Since then, he's started talking to me a lot more, flirting, etc. today when we were leaving band camp(I promise, it's not as lame as it seems on American pie) we said bye and I went and sat outside to wait for my ride. He passed me on the way to his car, and he gave kind of a half hearted wave, then seeing his dad in the car, he looked away and ignored me. I figured it was just because he was embarrassed around his dad, but they had a bit of a stare down in their car...it was hard not to notice. Am I just reading into it too much or do you think I might have a serious problem dating him if I want to get approved his parents? What should I do about it?

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like you need to talk to him and get to the bottom of this, if you don't ask you'll never know.

What Girls Said 0