My friend is dating a guy and I'm not and she's super super annoying now. I don't know what to do?

So I am having some super jealousy issues... I admit it finally lol so my good friend and I have been kind of close for the last like year and a half and we talk to each other about everything. I was there for her huge break up and she was there for mine and stuff. Well now she is talking to this new guy and she constantly wants to tell me about him and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of hearing about him and ****... Like OK I am pissed off just in general because I am not dating anyone but now she is and she didn't even have to put effort into meeting him, she met him in one of our classes and added him on fb (way after I added him mind you) I know this seems like hs drama but we are 21 in college not HS lol I seriously go to class all the time and add people on fb and I haven't met one ******* person I have done dating websites and anything possible to meet someone to date and nothing. Now this and I can't be mean to her but I would rather stick knives in my ears than hear her talk to me about this guy... I'm so pissed off just in general like everyday I wake up and hate my life a little more its just ridiculous I would be a great girlfriend. So now she wants to go get pumpkin spice lattes today and I know if I go I have to hear her story so I should just not go right?

What Guys Said 1

• Why not just be honest?

"Look, I know you've got this new guy, and I'm VERY, VERY happy for you. I can't even tell you how happy I am that things are going so great. But I'm really just in a bad way right now. I'm feeling depressed about my own love life, and hearing about yours, as happy as I am for you, is just making it worse, so can we please just talk about random girlie bullsh*t for awhile? I promise I'll get over this, but right now, I just can't deal with it."

If she's your friend, I'm sure she'll be sympathetic.

• Because if I say that it's like something is wrong with me

• I just don't want her to know I'm jealous of her because I shouldn't be jealous of anyone

• Well, I can see where you're coming from.

In that case, maybe try "I know you're excited, and I'm very happy for you, but this guy is basically all you talk about anymore, and it's wearing a little thin. I mean, he can't be the only interesting thing happening in your life right now, right?"

Might do her some good to hear that, too. It's never a great thing to be all up somebody's ass like that in a relationship anyway.

What Girls Said 0