My boyfriend is acting odd.

My boyfriend has been acting odd, and we've only dated for 3 days now. I'm currently in high school right now. And a -----. He's liked me ever since the first day of school, and never told be until a few days ago. But anyways. he's been acting odd ever since we've been dating. Seems like he's "Scared" to come up to me and hug me, I always have to walk up to him and hug him, or ask for one. He constantly flirts but still. Seems like there isn't "physical connection" going on yet. I always have to walk up to him first. Any idea of what's going on? Is he shy or something? Help xD.

Hes scared to sit with me at lunch :/. (Everyone knows we're dating)

Most Helpful Guy

• He's worried about going too far with you. It's not a bad thing - it means he is trying to be a gentleman and keeping whatever caveman feelings he has for you under wraps for the moment.

Sometimes guys are not comfortable with public displays, sometimes we just don't want to push our luck.

What Guys Said 3

• Damn I wish my problems were this simple, kind of makes me want to be 16 again lol (don't mean any disrespect by the way, I had no idea what I was doing at that age).

You have nothing to worry about right now. It's the beginning of a relationship and he is just nervous to be around you. Just keep being yourself and he will eventually come through, just be a little bit patient. Him being nervous is a good thing really, it actually shows he cares about you enough that he is worried of messing things up.

• Shy, I'd say. If he is the same age as you he is probably more comfortable with communicating with girls verbally than physically. Your reaction to this is just right: hug him. He'll stop being shy, if he is, once he gets more comfortable, eg: you've been dating for more than 3 days.

Once your relationship is a bit older (than 3 days), and he is still not being affectionate with you in public, it might be worth asking him about. If you do, don't attack him about it - just let him know that you like him, and you want to feel wanted, and he should hug you more. Believe me, clear communication is the best way to go in any situation. And if he likes you, hugging you more should not be an issue.

Beyond that, don't stress.

• He sounds like I was many several years ago. Painfully shy, or maybe overly reserved, or just doesn't want to scare you away. Give him some time, and talk about it if you can. If he's been stepped on or hurt, he might be over-cautious. It doesn't mean he's not interested. He may respect your space a lot more than you want him to, as one possible reason. Give him, yourself, and the relationship a little time and some thought.

What Girls Said 1

• its probably his first relationship and he isn't quite sure how to act yet. give it time and if he's taking too long verbalize how you feel. build up his confidence so that he know you want him to be touching you more and that its okay to do so