How/when do I tell my boyfriend I have a medical condition?

i am very petite. 22 years old. 5'4'. 110lbs. I'm about a 32b, which is the same as a 34a, if that helps understand better. but my issue is, I have a condition in which my right breast grows little tumors. there's nothing I can do about them, just monitor them for the rest of my life. how do I tell the person I'm dating, I don't want to freak him out. I have 5 of them, but only one is big enough to feel. size of a marble. nothing has happend yet, we barely started dating, so nothing past 1st base. but I'm scared of letting it go further once we get to that stage. not only that, but I have a scar from my previous tumor. I don't date a lot because of my condition, I've had my 1st tumor at 13 and surgically removed at 16. now more have grown since the past year.

-guys, would you freak out and just leave that person?

-girls, have any of you dealt with something like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• its starts by saying you have a condition, am sure he understand, dnt tell him instantly but in gradual time open up to him gently, am sure he understand.

regarding you tumor god bless you & I wish you the best possible health in the years to come :)

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't leave her, but I would push her to make sure she always was getting the medical attention she needed.

• I wouldn't leave her for that reason. I'd support her in anyway I could. I'd help her with whatever she needed. Many people today have conditions like that. I would stay with her regardless of what condition she had; if I really care bout her, like her alot. If you tell him, you'll know what kind of man is: a man that leaves because of some condition or a man who doesn't care what you have but will stay with and help you with it

• What does your breast or general surgeon opinion about them? That's more important than dating.

Have you thought of a mastectomy and then an implant to the area?

• No, I wouldn't be freaked out, I'd try to be understanding with her.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think its very important to tell him about that right away. Personally, I would wait until he asked about the scar. Its nothing to hide or be ashamed of, and its doubtful it will scare a guy off imo. I'm sure he'll have questions about it when he finds out and just explain them truthfully and in a straightforward manner.

My boyfriend has a pretty serious health condition but he didn't really explain it to me until we had been dating for 3 or 4 months. I had gotten bits and pieces of it before then but not to the extent that I really understood how it affected his life.

• nope but if he loved you he would over look that and try to understand and help you