How would react to your 20 year old son dating a 16 year old girl?

I want to know if most people would react over the top like boyfriend said his parents would.

• Wouldnt care
  • Flip out
  • Other
Current situtation: met half a decade ago, now online dating because obviously my parents would flip if they knew.
phonezoo: Seriously? Don't block people just they ask about your opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• I likely wouldn't care. It's only a 4 year age difference> But I'd warn him that he shouldn't have sex with her (depending on the state) cause it could get him put on the sexual offenders list. Also, I'd warn him it won't likely last long. Because both of them are still young and likely changing. While he's probably almost settled (or could be) on his personality and interests, she's gonna change a LOT from the end of high school to the college years. Many do. So I'd just warn him to brace himself in getting hurt if he's serious and warn him to not do anything sexual until she's 18.

What Guys Said 11

• It's a risky situation, they may care for each other now but if and when something goes wrong she could take him to court since she's under the legal age. Then again you can't tear two people apart due to what-if's. Until they hit 22-24 they have the emotional maturity of a peanut but kids do stupid things, That's how they learn.

• I'd flip out more than a little bit and ask him if he really was that immature or that afraid of girls having his age.

• I would try to be understanding of his choice but would make sure the girl and her parents were all okay with it and would want to make sure that nothing sexual went on, no matter how embarrassing it would be for me to talk to my son about it ;)

I would be pretty uncomfortable with it, though, to be honest. Understanding that they'd known each other a long time and were good friends the whole time would probably help, though. Anyway I chose B but in retrospect should've chosen C haha.

• I would tell him that he's being very stupid given the current laws. Basically I'd ask him to wait until she's of age and then if they still want to be together they can be. The reason is that he's the one that'll be in trouble, not her.

• I usually wonder in situations like this if she was the 20 year old and he was 16 would anyone even be talking about it?

• Actually they probably would, but to a lesser extent, which I think still validates your point.

• Yeah if he got caught he could say he was her babysitter or something.But seriously there are plenty of 20'somethings out there

• I would freak out plain and simple

• I personally would flip out, but a girl that was 17 at my school was dating a 28 year old guy, so some parents obviously don't care much

• I'd just tell him to be careful about getting caught. He wouldn't be doing anything that I didn't do LOL

• Be okay with it, but warn them about sex because she's underage.

• As long as it's legal...although it would make me wonder why she wants a guy who probably can't get girls his own age

• You were meeting people at 6 years old..can someone say "creeeeeepy"

• I agree with goldgungirls.

Blocking someone because you disagree with them is kinda childish.

allot of girls like older guys because they seem more mature than guys around their age, and trust me when I was in high school mature guys were few and far between.

• Yeah true, but the ironic part is that they themselves aren't mature.

• I would be upset but I would try to understand that they like each other and make sure my sun understands not to have sex tell she's 18. If he does I would encourage him to buy condoms. getting her pregnant or spreading STD's would be bad for both of them.

What Girls Said 1

• I would just wonder why he couldn't get a girl his age, but I would like to meet the girl. She may be really cute and just an all around good child. There is no point in frightening a young girl off if she loves my son.

• it could be they were friends and she came on to him. as a guy it's hard to say no to a girl epically if you are shy and or have a hard time picking up girls your self.

• I've been in that situation many times... it has always been the guy coming on to me.

• Actually, he came onto me. He's been pretty bold asking me out and asked among other things even though he's shy.