Girls, what do expect on your first date?

How do girls expect their guy to behave on their first date

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweet, chivalrous, romantic gestures. Appreciation and reciprocity in conversation. I know guys date to find someone new and break up the monotony of their lives at times, but we want to know about you. Stuff about your work isn't boring or obvious to us, especially if we're first getting to know you; ask a few questions too, to show mutual interest in our lives (job, hobbies, etc.). Let things flow, and don't be afraid of the silent moments that are needed to allow sparks to fly.

• Well said

• Thanks. People tend to get so twitchy on dates and forget to relax and have fun with the person they think they like, haha.

What Girls Said 7

• What I expect and what I hope for are completely different. I expect to split the bill and that he will try to sleep with me; I hope that he pays and only kisses me goodnight. As for the date itself, I take it on a case-by-case basis. Some flirting but not too much; no making out at the bar; no mention of exes or the next date; ask each other questions, don't make the conversation one-sided...of course, these are not hard and fast rules. Do whatever feels comfortable or natural.

• I would want him to act like himself.

• Expect? Nothing. We like to have dinner and some time to chat and get to know the person we are with. You could take her for a nice moon lit walk in the country and then for dinner and a movie or just dinner. The movie is less of a way to talk and might be OK if your shy and need time to relax more on the first date, but a movie does not give you much time to chat...

I wouldn't do more than a friendly kiss on the first date though...maybe hand holding.

• I expect them to be them self.

• be a gentleman and keep the conversation going because there may be some awkward times.

• We don't want to babysit, (so no drinking) have manners:) open the door ect. And be yourself!

• I want him to behave like himself

What Guys Said 1

• they expect him to pay the bill

• Yeah it's ridiculous. God forbid the woman picks up the whole check