How do I get him to text me first?

The guy I like is shy and doesn't text me unless I text him first because he is never on his phone. I've know him my whole life, literally. So we know everything about each other so when we text it doesn't last long because we don't know what to say.How do I get him to text me first? What re some things we can talk about? And he lives a few hours away so I can't just talk to him i can only text him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does it matter? Some girl always texted me when she didn't know anyone at our school and would say, oh you never text me! I said I don't text anyone first.. Anyway eventually she became friends with some airhead girl and stopped texting me lol. If you want him to text him first, inject some kind of genetic-engineered virus into his brain, other than that, text him first. A lot of people don't like texting, why not do something odd like physically hanging out? lol

What Guys Said 2

• Just text him first! why do you want him to text you first? why does it matter? it'll make him feel more comfortable if you engage him first. Just start small talk. Talk about him, not yourself. That'll will get him to open up more. Ask him how he's been and what he's been up to. You know, small talk. Eventually he will start texting you first if you engage him. He's probably just a little insecure. Does he like you too?

• I'm not sure if he likes me. I texted him today and he didn't give me one word answers for the first time I feel like he is starting to like me more.

• thats good :) just be patient

• i didn't know the required age to join so mine is false but ask him to text you first, or ask why he doesn't text you first from there you should figure it out

:^)

What Girls Said 1

• Bring it up to him or don't text him at all.