Timeframe Rule?

This question is mostly directed towards the guys, but ladies if you have info I would love to hear from you as well. If you stopped communication from someone you are dating for whatever reason, how long does it take for a man to come around and call? How long should I wait to call him? Should I call him? My situation is that we were talking on a daily basis for about 3wks and I called him one morning like I always do to wake him up but he never answered and I texted him and he never responded. I have tried calling him again that day and he made no effort to call either. its the second day and I'm scratching my head. Can someone help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I`m waiting right now too! So at least you`re not alone. I have been going out with her 6 weeks. She told me 3 days ago, that she was not in love with me but felt that I was in love with her. She said that she didn`nt want to stop dating at least for now, and that she would call me. Well it`s day 3 and she hasn`t called me yet. I wish I could hold out longer but I guess I`d call her tonight, if she hasn`t done so until then. So I guess 2 days is ok!

• Thanks for the comment . He did call and ask me to go out to eat with him, and then for some "odd" reason he wanted me to go to the barber shop with him while he got his hair cut, I felt we were moving kind of fast last week but I didn't have the heart to slow it down. I guess now that I know I will have to spend more time with my circle of friends.

What Guys Said 3

• Here's my rule:

Don't wait on other people.

Who says he'll "come around"? What if he doesn't want to "come around"?

You have only two options I can think of that give you any power:

1) walk away from this guy unless and until he contacts you.

2) contact him yourself. if he doesn't contact you, you know exactly where he stands.

• I don't really know. You could try contacting one of his relatives or friends if you know any to see what's going on

• maybe his phone off? but really I don't understand the reason to stop talking,stupid idea to me

What Girls Said 2

• haha great quesiton. I'd say if he doenst within 1 week no reason to wait around

• I would leave it a few days before calling again. It sounds like he is either busy or he felt that things were moving too fast and that you are being clingy. Guys don't like to communicate as much as girls, they don't feel the need to and act completly differently.

I would wait before you call or message him again and make sure it is for purpose. I.e you want to arrange to meet up with him. This then gives him a reason to respond.

If he does not call back after a few days then leave it, it is his way of saying that he is not interested. He is not giving you the respect that you deserve and you are better off with out him.

• Thanks for the comment my aunt told me the same thing about him having his space. He did call and ask me to go out to eat with him, and then for some "odd" reason he wanted me to go to the barber shop with him while he got his hair cut, I felt we were moving kind of fast last week but I didn't have the heart to slow it down. I guess now that I know I will have to spend more time with my circle of friends. Its friday and a pay day so I am going to drink!!!!! LOL