A guy and girl going to a fair - Would you call that a date?

They're friends, but they go to the fair alone

Would you?

Most Helpful Girl

• not sure. I guess if there were romantic feelings involved it could be.

I found out that one of my guy friends had a crush on me seriously cause he would take me to fairs and things like that later on but it was later when I Realized that, he had no feelings left for me :(

It really depends. do you have feelings for her? does she have feelings for you? it could be , depends on how you guys feel about each other.

What Girls Said 10

• It could be a date if you two have feelings. But isn't necessarily... I would totally go to a fair alone with one of my guy friends.

• a guy friend and I went to watch the sunrise together and I wouldn't say it was a date we just both wanted to go but didn't want to go alone, it's really up to the two of you

• Yeah, I definitely agree with her. If you have feelings for this girl it'd be a great way to make them known. =)

• Just wondering, but would you go with a guy as just friends?

• It depends... If I knew he had feelings for me, probably not. Just because I wouldn't want to add insult to injury, you know. It's kind of like teasing him. But if he didn't have feelings for me and I didn't either, I don't think I would have seen a problem with it.. But I've never done anything like that, so I can't really tell you for sure, you know?

• It depends. Are they typically alone together, or is it a rare occasion? Do they initiate any physical contact? Does the guy pay for the girl? Do they drive together or meet there? Is it in the day or at night? It's all circumstantial.

• Well if you are both friends and don't have any intentions on getting to know each other as more than friends, then it's not a date.

• maybe maybe not depends, if we are going just as friends then it is a date

• yeah you could call it that unless you guys are just friends

• Yes. Its a friendly date though.

• Yes that's a date

• It depends. If she buys her ticket and they just plan it as friends well then it is hanging out. If he buys both of the tickets etc. then it is a date.

What Guys Said 3

• The girls will justify this answer based on their emotional connection which is funny because baring all emotions, the situation is still exactly the same.

Assuming this was meant to be one on one all along and one of the parties outright invited the other, than In my opinion this is a date. A girl especially would be stupid to think otherwise because 90% of the time, a guy doesn't ask a girl to hang out one on one just to be friends, because in all honestly guys hate being just friends with girls, we don't get anything out of it.

• Hmmm, I'm not so sure if I would. I mean, I've gone to fairs, to parks, alone with a woman, and they weren't dates. Even I wasn't naive enough to think they would have been dates.

Based on the info you gave, I would have to say it is not a date.

• I went to a fair with a group, 2 girls 3 guys. One of the guys was gay, so 2&2 sorta.

This was just casual, didn't know the girls. Afterward, one of the guys asked if he could give my number to one of the girls. We dated for a little while.

I wouldn't call that a date. What comes afterward is more important.