Is texting really that important?

I was talking to this guy for a while and we were really flirty when we were together. We got along great, always laughing, always teasing, etc.

I'm not much of a texter because I hate it when people take things the wrong way and sometimes it's so hard to read people through text, so I only texted him to see if he was okay when he was sick or to ask him about what time we were meeting up.

Eventually he started arguments and became kind of an a**hole at times. One of his main complaints after things ended was that I never texted him. He's obviously forgetting that all he ever texted me for was to ask about homework assignments. Once or twice he texted me for fun.

So, is it really that important to be in constant contact through texting?

What Guys Said 2

• For a lot of people yes. Texting is a new form of communication, and we have to get used to it. People are big texters, I miss conversation but the convince is one you can't beat. I love the convince of texting. But as of late I've noticed it has become the new mode of conversation. Yet I do find myself missing the old method of calling people. And I have, on more than a few occasions, overlooked the importance of someone's message through text messages, an oversight I would have picked up in a vocal conversation.

• Some people think so some people don't I think its getting more important now since everyone has a phone and texting plans.

What Girls Said 0