Is one year of dating too soon to marry someone?

My girl friend and I have been dating for 11 months now, she has been staying with me for about 8 month now, we recently spent some time apart because of traveling for work, While I was away I realized I don't want to spend another day with out this girl, and I got the same impression from her as well, we have kinda talked about marriage and we both seem to be on the same page, we are both 25 done school and both have job, I have a house, and we have been looking to build one together as well,. Is only one year of dating long enough? should I be waiting longer? or is now the right time,

Most Helpful Girl

• My old self would have said "hell no! that's way too soon" but since I've met my now-bf, I understand the meaning of "the one."

I used to think people that got married after barely being together were crazy. With my boyfriend, even though I've known him for a couple of years, we've only been dating for a few months but I just know I want to spend the rest of my life with someone. I've never had this feeling with any other guy I've dated, but with him it's different. They say when you know you "just know"...so if you know and you want to get married, go for it (just be conscious about finances : P )

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I think that is way to fast to be thinking of marriage. It takes a really long time to actually get to know someone and the first 2 years of the relationship is the "honeymoon phase" so that's when everything is very simple and easy. After the 2 year mark is when you actually come into conflicts and other issues that come with long term relationships. I say you tell her how you feel and express your desire to marry her one day. But that right now living together is what's best for you guys and growing together and getting to know each other more. If you do become engaged stay engaged for a while! Remember marriage is for the rest of your life! That's a very long time so think hard about it. Goodluck!

• I've been engaged twice and both barely made it to a year. But sometimes when you take that second step you start to see if this is what you really want.

• Whenever you feel it's the right time, it is. My fiance proposed when we had been together for 8 months, known each other for 10 months. We were 26 at the time. I never had a shadow of a doubt, if he asked, whether I'd say yes or not. Although I was surprised he asked me so early, I was thrilled. We aren't going to get married til Aug or Sep of 2014. By then we will have been together for 3.5 years which seems like an appropriate amount of time to me. You could always make the commitment, and just have a longer engagement if you feel like you might be 'jumping the gun'. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• In general I think it's a bit too early. After a year, a lot of people are still in their honeymoon faze. They're deeply in love, looking at each other through pink glass. You already see your partner's flaws, but they don't really bother you yet, or you think it's cute.

After a while you don't it's cute anymore, but rather frustrating. But you still love them despite their flaws.

When a person is in that stage, I think it's a good idea.

But I have never been engaged or married so what do I know?