How to broach the subject of us dating!

So, I have this crush on a college senior. It's a long story, but if this relationship is going to work, being discreet is a must! I'm 17 and he's 22. I'm meeting him tomorrow and this is going to be the first time I'm gonna be alone with him and I need advice on how to broach the subject of us dating! I was thinking of starting by saying something like, "What are your feelings on a 17yr old girl dating a 23yr old guy?" I figured adding a year to his age would give me an out if he doesn't respond the same way. What do you guys think?

I can't come right out and say it. This needs to be handled delicately (we're friends and if this doesn't turn out the way I want it to, we're still going to have to act normal around our other friends). I'm not asking for ways to give him hints. I just want a nice way of talking to him about this.

If you need more information on the subject, go see my last question. It's titled "Advice for a high schooler who's lusting after a college senior - advice from guys and girls wanted!"

Thanks =)

What Guys Said 1

• You both need someone your own age..for legal reasons, and for ethical reasons

• It's only 5 years.. I think we'll be fine.

• I don't really understand why 5 years is such a problem... It's not a 19-year-old dating a 14-year-old, and at 17 people usually have a head on their shoulders already... (sorry for bad English)

• THANK YOU! Smh, I'm very mature for my age and can handle a lot. Even yesterday my mom commented on the outfit I was planning to wear for the meeting with this guy. And I said, "What? You don't think I can handle a college guy?" and she was like, "No, I do.. That's the problem."

What Girls Said 0