Should I initiate the kiss or wait for him to do it?

So we've only been on 2 dates so far and I'm sort of inexperienced in this department because I've never had an actual boyfriend and he's a lot older than I am. After our 2nd date it seemed like he wanted to kiss me but I couldn't tell for sure so I just tiptoed to give him a kiss on the cheek. He seems really respectful so I'm not sure if he's waiting for me to initiate the first kiss or not. Should I continue to wait? If I do need to initiate it, how should I go about doing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I say go for it. Some guys don't want you to think that all they're interested in is sex and are extremely hesitant to make a move. And I have yet to meet a guy that would be upset if a girl kissed him first. In fact, most of them said they'd prefer it.

• You think? I'm just nervous on how to initiate it the last time I kissed a boy was in high school haha

• Well you said you thought he was going to kiss you but you weren't sure right? So maybe next time you get the vibe that he wants to kiss you, you beat him to it!

What Guys Said 6

• Ideally the man should initiate the first kiss. But with all these messages coming out from women how men rush things, only want sex, it's enough to make any guy who is not a complete jerk to hesitate

But if he's into you he's not gonna care you started first. I've missed 'the clues' enough to the point that some of the women I dated just got tired and kissed me mid-coversation, and you know what, I rather enjoyed it just the same lol.

• Why is it 'ideal' for one person rather than the other to do something either can do, and both should want to do, if they are going to do it?

I don't think its ideal. Why d you think its ideal?

• good question lol. I guess it's what we were always told as kids, boys do the initiating.

Actually I don't mind women taking the initiative once in a while. Takes the pressure off me.

• kiss him if you wamt to its not like he won't like it

• Go for it.

• mami do whatever you like, if you are so eager to kiss him then do it.

• You do it.

• he's not gonna break up with you if you kiss him, just do it, no big deal

What Girls Said 2

• Go for it! I do it all the time and never had a guy reject me. In fact,the guy I'm seeing..I gave him a kiss and it got real steamy:p but it was just that:-)

• if you want to kiss him, go ahead. I've never had an unsuccessful kiss by initiation.. it usually turns the guy on. knowing you definitely want to kiss him, and you're not just being nice, or uncertain.